1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Usado

Usado Oakley Beginner

Hi guys,
    How often do you change the lenses on your non-changeable frames?
    I'm just curious about how most people see this task

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. Kuztomized

Kuztomized Oakley Collector

I changed the lenses in my Crosshair 2.0's because the original lenses were scratched, and I hope I never have to do that again. It was not fun. It was difficult to get the lenses snapped in the whole way around the frame. When one corner snapped in, the opposite corner popped out. Also I had to worry about the metal frames scratching the iridium lenses.

On the other hand, my Wiretaps are easy to change due to the half rim frame.

3. Usado

Usado Oakley Beginner

so on the easy to do pairs do you do it often?

4. Kuztomized

Referring specifically to "non-changeable" frames that I consider fairly easy to swap lenses - I usually just choose a favorite lens and leave that one installed most of the time. I'll swap once in a while for special occasions, maybe once a month, but I try not to do it often because each swap is a chance to scratch the lens.

5. Usado

Usado Oakley Beginner

Thank you

6. Ecko

Ecko Team RamRod Staff Member Premium Member

I do not change my lens to frequently. I do swap my style switch monthly though

Usado likes this.
  7. Lumbergh

Lumbergh Oakley Enthusiast

That's why you don't "snap" lenses into metal frames. There are small screws that hold the lens in. If you loosen those first, changing lenses is a breeze.

8. Kuztomized

Thanks, forgot about that. I didn't have the appropriate screw driver at the time.

9. djhyper66

djhyper66 Oakley Expert

Only lens that impossible to change are the spikes!! Never ever try to change lenes on spikes ever again.

10. FOHJones

FOHJones Oakley Beginner

The only time I ever change lenses is if one is scratched. Otherwise, they stay in their respective frames.