• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How Often (if Ever)

Usado

Oakley Beginner
Southern CT
Hi guys,
How often do you change the lenses on your non-changeable frames?
I'm just curious about how most people see this task

I changed the lenses in my Crosshair 2.0's because the original lenses were scratched, and I hope I never have to do that again. It was not fun. It was difficult to get the lenses snapped in the whole way around the frame. When one corner snapped in, the opposite corner popped out. Also I had to worry about the metal frames scratching the iridium lenses.

On the other hand, my Wiretaps are easy to change due to the half rim frame.

I changed the lenses in my Crosshair 2.0's because the original lenses were scratched, and I hope I never have to do that again. It was not fun. It was difficult to get the lenses snapped in the whole way around the frame. When one corner snapped in, the opposite corner popped out. Also I had to worry about the metal frames scratching the iridium lenses.

so on the easy to do pairs do you do it often?

Referring specifically to "non-changeable" frames that I consider fairly easy to swap lenses - I usually just choose a favorite lens and leave that one installed most of the time. I'll swap once in a while for special occasions, maybe once a month, but I try not to do it often because each swap is a chance to scratch the lens.

I do not change my lens to frequently. I do swap my style switch monthly though

That's why you don't "snap" lenses into metal frames. There are small screws that hold the lens in. If you loosen those first, changing lenses is a breeze.

The only time I ever change lenses is if one is scratched. Otherwise, they stay in their respective frames.

Back