• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
A funny cleaning story on my end. I visited an O store in Gurnee and bought a cleaning kit and after I got home, 3.5 hour drive, I noticed my kit did not have a cleaning cloth. Obviously I wasn't about to drive back to the store so I just figured it was a loss. A couple months later and after many uses of the cleaning solution I somehow picked up and twisted the bottom of the cleaning bottle and it popped off and inside was my cleaning cloth. Just thought that was kind of funny.

Hello everyone. I definitely clean lenses separately with my half jackets since they are meant to pop out, but I was wondering what you guys do with ones that are not as easy to pop out like A-wires. I had a pair previously that peeled and were ruined (just the lenses, frame is fine) and just found and purchased a new pair on ebay...with the weekly cleaning you suggested, do you also pop out the lenses on pairs like A-wires? Will doing that frequently damage the frame? Should I clean them weekly with lenses in and wait longer to take them apart? If so, about how long do you recommend? A-wires are incredibly hard to find now and I want these to last as long as possible...I didn't ever take them apart for cleaning...could the peeling have been a result of them getting the oil in between the frame and the lens in addition to them touching my face? If so, I will take them apart, but don't want to risk wrecking them by doing that more often...
This has been a wealth of information so far...thanks so much to all that have posted!

After reading this thread thoroughly I decided to pick up the warm soap wash idea. It seems to work great, but I still wonder if it really takes away all the oils etc.
Just did 7 pairs (also the lenses with this soap). They all came out perfectly clean (I used a microbag as the brush to say so), but as as always, the dramatic ruby iridium lenses just didn't become clean.
At least I really keep swirls on it, I actually I always have this problem with Ruby lenses.
So does this method actually really work? Or do I have to put an amazing lot of soap in it, instead of the few drops I use? What do you think?

Due to the fact that the Oakley cleaning kit does not come with the bonus of free refills in Europe i am thinking of using an aftermarket kit.Does anyone have a suggestion?
i have seen this one.Has anyone tried it?it says alcohol free.

Do you have a Sunglass Hut near you? I called my local one in Glasgow and asked them the price for a refill and they said just bring it in and they'll fill it for free.

So went to Sunglass Hut the other day and asked the girl to refill my bottle. She pretty much told me they only have Sunglass Hut cleaner and it could damage the lenses as Oakley lenses are different. Plus if I want my bottle refilled I'd need to send it back to Oakley.

So if I went there to say buy a pair of Oakleys they wouldn't sell me their lens cleaner to go with them?? Useless.

So went to Sunglass Hut the other day and asked the girl to refill my bottle. She pretty much told me they only have Sunglass Hut cleaner and it could damage the lenses as Oakley lenses are different. Plus if I want my bottle refilled I'd need to send it back to Oakley.

So if I went there to say buy a pair of Oakleys they wouldn't sell me their lens cleaner to go with them?? Useless.

I have ordered this but it is still in transit.Once i receive it and try it i will tell you if it is worth it in case you want one.it says alcohol free plus it is a british product :)

She pretty much told me they only have Sunglass Hut cleaner and it could damage the lenses as Oakley lenses are different. Plus if I want my bottle refilled I'd need to send it back to Oakley.

It has always been my understanding that SGH has the same lens cleaning solution as Oakley. I bet the employee was just ill-informed. Or, maybe they changed solutions and forgot to notify me. lol

Latest Posts

Back