• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Quick add to this thread. The lens cleaning kit is fine and all, but it seems like a pain in the ass to go to the Oakley store all the time to get refills of the cleaning solution.

What I do is buy the 5 packs of microfiber car cleaning towels from Target. Microfiber is the stuff, it sucks up all the grease instead of just spreading it around like the carrying bags do. When the microfiber gets dirty, just toss it and pull out a new one. You can wash microfiber, but it's never quite the same after washing. As cheap as they are, I use them as disposables, since I can get at least a few months of use out of every towel. Don't get grit in your microfiber, it will scratch the lenses. If you keep them away from sand and such, they'll be fine.

Use the microfiber to wipe off oils. Some lint will remain. Use the carrying bag for final wipedown, which will pick up the leftover lint. Good as new, without dicking around with cleaning sprays. Microfibers are also great for wiping off dirty cell phone screens.

Try not to make a habit out of wiping them off with your shirt. Not all shirts are created equal and some have a rougher surface which can cause hairline scratches.

I let a chap try on my Zero 0.4 once! They were perfectly clean. He didn't even look, out of habit, he wiped them with his course Tshirt and they were ruined! :(

I was gutted, he was none the wiser!

i ve been trying these for almost 1 month and i can say that i am very pleased with the result.it does great job and it is alcohol free.
I am not trading or have any benefit from this product i just say my experience

a1c7.jpg

This is all good information... Thanks guys. Feel like I've been doing a terrible job cleaning my sunglasses :/

You guys ought to try a lens pen.

The cleaning tip of LensPen is impregnated with a unique carbon compound. THE CARBON DOES THE CLEANING!

SAFE - Use on all optical lenses, LCD, plasma and glass surfaces

EFFECTIVE - Nothing removes oily fingerprints and dust better than a LensPen!

CONVENIENT - Compact size, no liquids, easy to use!

LONG LIFE - Cannot dry out, unaffected by temperature, over 500 cleanings each!

Independent lab tests confirm that LensPen will substantially reduce the amount of electrostatic charge on the lens surface. This feature is important, as electrostatic charge attracts dust and causes it to adhere to lenses.

ORGANIZATIONS LIKE NASA, NIKON AND CANON PURCHASE LENSPEN FOR THEIR PRODUCTS. Professional photographers use the lenspen for their camera lenses and DSLR sensors.

I am quoting from their website, but I myself have used it on my Oakleys for several months now. You won't even need a microfiber cleaning cloth. And it is CHEAP -- only $5.79 @ Amazon.com:

http://www.amazon.com/Lenspen-NLP-1-LensPen/dp/B007G5NNOW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1380331644&sr=8-1&keywords=lens pen

At first I was skeptical. But as the old saying goes, to see is to believe.

Also, invest on a good blower like the Giotto Rocket Air Blower guaranteed to blow the dust away from your lenses prior to cleaning them:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013J0502/?tag=oakleyforum04-20

And if you cannot live without a microfiber cleaning cloth, I recommend this:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0050R67U0/?tag=oakleyforum04-20

Back