• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

How would you ship a package?

I ship like that.......never had a problem.i wouldn't send them in the original box because if it gets stolen or smashed your out a box too.I always ship in a brand new box, I use new bubble wrap envelopes ,new air pillows and a fresh business card.Ill never skimp on shipping supply's because doing this service actually means something to me it's how Id like to be treated.

Last edited:
I only use small flat rate boxes for lenses. Even then I use a ton of bubble wrap to protect them. I got a Minute today that was shipped in padded envelope with zero protection. I expected it to be crushed and have to return it but it survived unscathed. I was shocked.

Bottom line is this, don't skimp out on the box and packaging to save a few dollars, the difference in price for adequate packaging and boxing is at most a couple of dollars.

I only use small flat rate boxes for lenses. Even then I use a ton of bubble wrap to protect them. I got a Minute today that was shipped in padded envelope with zero protection. I expected it to be crushed and have to return it but it survived unscathed. I was shocked.

Bottom line is this, don't skimp out on the box and packaging to save a few dollars, the difference in price for adequate packaging and boxing is at most a couple of dollars.

Well said. And one thing to note is even if you add insurance, the postal system would most likely deny your claim if your item wasn't packaged properly. It'd be evident it's not packaged properly if the item is causing your box to bulge. If the item is causing the box to bulge, you may as well just wrap it in a piece of cardboard as the box isn't offering any protection at all.

Back