• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

HQ Employee Store

In the state of Texas, we have Texas state troopers which covers the entire state (primarily highways). Sheriff's department which covers county areas. Police department like Houston p.d. that covers the city. Constables that I think deals with civil matters. (I might be missing something) those are considered law enforcement agencies. Sworn in, licensed by the state (Texas Commission on Law Enforcement) etc.

Security officers are a privately owned companies. Licensed to carry a weapon and are allowed to arrest.
Some of the differences between LEO and security officer is the security officers are allowed to enforce "house rules" of a private establishment. LEO can not. Security officers are not allowed to direct traffic, LEO can. But dig this, an assault to security officer is considered a State Jail Felony.

In the state of Texas, we have Texas state troopers which covers the entire state (primarily highways). Sheriff's department which covers county areas. Police department like Houston p.d. that covers the city. Constables that I think deals with civil matters. (I might be missing something) those are considered law enforcement agencies. Sworn in, licensed by the state (Texas Commission on Law Enforcement) etc.

Security officers are a privately owned companies. Licensed to carry a weapon and are allowed to arrest.
Some of the differences between LEO and security officer is the security officers are allowed to enforce "house rules" of a private establishment. LEO can not. Security officers are not allowed to direct traffic, LEO can. But, an assault to security officer is considered a State Jail Felony.

Yeah, state troopers are in the Highway Patrol which is part of the Department of Public Safety (DPS).

There's also the TABC (Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission), whose agents are armed, badged, fully empowered police officers with state-wide jurisdiction who can make arrests for any offense.

Back