1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Well its offical, I finally need reading glasses... Not to thrilled about it, but at least I have options! I figured since I don't have to wear them all the time, I won't need to have them tinted or anything special done to them. I went for the eye exam, and the Doctor told me its looks like I am just getting old...LOL I was releaved that was it!!!! I figured I might as well look for something nice as I got good insurance. I checked out some optical shops that carry Oakley RX and found a few pairs that I like. I have narrowed it down to 2 pair. I figured since the RX lenses are not that much, I might as well get 2 pair to have just in case.....Here is what I narrowed it down too....... The tumbleweed is cool as the icons and earsocks can be quickley turned around to change the outside color and you can buy differnt ones in case you get bored with them....

Tumbelweed 0.5

Carbon Plate

Last edited by a moderator: 5/21/14
    Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. OakleyJared

OakleyJared Oakley Enthusiast

Big fan of the Carbon Plate. Super light weight. I actually like the Full Frame Tumbleweed better than the half frame version. Both are good choices!

3. davem

davem Oakley Beginner

I went with the Transistors but you couldn't go wrong with either of those. Did you try them on? I usually find what fits right and then choose from them, sometimes the style I like doesn't feel that great.

4. xmetalmaniac

xmetalmaniac Made of Metal Premium Member Lifetime Member

Yes I tried them both on. Both shops I went too didn't have the full frame tumbleweed. I have to go back tomorrow and ask them if I can get them...

5. Gonzo_TX

Gonzo_TX Oakley Beginner

I don't wear rx glasses, but if I did both of those look nice!

6. qBan

qBan The Hijinxer

the second look sbetter to me

7. Regular_John

Regular_John Oakley Beginner

So, do you have an actual prescription or do you just need readers like +1.00 and so on? If its the latter, some of the Vaults carry readers for $49.

8. OBlazer

OBlazer Oakley Enthusiast

I have the tumbleweeds and love them. you really cant go wrong!!

9. HDOakley

HDOakley Oakley Enthusiast

10. Mizztyler91

Mizztyler91 Oakley Beginner

Second one....but I have Calipers and like them!