• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Infinite Hero discussion.

There is also a crystal clear forum rule for buying and selling but as soon as someone comes on without meeting the forum requirements but with something people want they they seem to overlook that rule. Again while others do it and they get raked over the coals. What people should do is just allow admins to be admins and quit acting high and mighty as it fits their needs.

I do agree that people should not circumvent the forum requirements of buying/selling from a forum newbie. However, that being said, there is no way to regulate that unless admins are planning to ban the violators. This would involve reading PMs of the new forum members. AFAIK, right now moderators cannot read PMs. Is your privacy something that you would want to give up for a few skirting around the rules? I certainly wouldn't - I just make sure not to give those violators any deals.

Now, let us move onto the IH issue. The reason people are upset is that there are those that are making money off of an unauthorized collaboration of IH. The profit from an unauthorized collabration is where people are upset. Now, if it is unauthorized and someone made a donation to IH in regards to the custom work done then it would be a different story entirely. The people who are reselling authorized IH collaborations is a different topic as Oakley has already paid up their contribution to IH.

I understand fully what the foundation was set up for, the point I am making to you is why jump some forum members and not all? If you want to be the forum police then do it no matter who it is. So what are your feelings when someone buys IH items at retail or below and them come here and make a huge profit off discontinued items? Don't you think maybe that seller should make a contribution to IH? I seen you recently like a post where a member is selling IH and SI items but you didn't say a word to them. I am sure they are being sold for more than what they were purchased for so maybe let that sell know to make their contribution to IH as well. Don't just pick and choose and it suits your needs. You can act like and a$$hole and say it as slow want but I understand clearly it stands for.
Did you not read the part of putting a logo on an item???????????????????????????????????

I do agree that people should not circumvent the forum requirements of buying/selling from a forum newbie. However, that being said, there is no way to regulate that unless admins are planning to ban the violators. This would involve reading PMs of the new forum members. AFAIK, right now moderators cannot read PMs. Is your privacy something that you would want to give up for a few skirting around the rules? I certainly wouldn't - I just make sure not to give those violators any deals.

Now, let us move onto the IH issue. The reason people are upset is that there are those that are making money off of an unauthorized collaboration of IH. The profit from an unauthorized collabration is where people are upset. Now, if it is unauthorized and someone made a donation to IH in regards to the custom work done then it would be a different story entirely. The people who are reselling authorized IH collaborations is a different topic as Oakley has already paid up their contribution to IH.
Exactly

I think his issue is with the fact that other custom IH items have been sold in the past without the scrutiny...why is this item getting “flagged” when others don’t?

That is very simple, this one is being flagged as it is being marketed as "rare" to justify the price tag. How can a custom be rare when you can pay money to a custom artist to have the same thing done?

Take @YakuzaFloralGangsta IH PBI for instance. It had a price tag where it obviously did not make a profit and he also did not market the frame as rare. IH branding was not on the PBI either, apart from the lens which the IH foundation would already have received a donation for from Oakley.

The most recent violation I seen was a new member worked at an optometrist office and had a bag of turned in oakleys. People started claiming items they posted right in the thread and the only person to say anything was. Everyone else posting on the thread wanted to buy the guys glasses. I honestly don't think privacy on an oakley form is that important. If anyone wants to read my PM's I'll send them out! lol.

I understand why people are upset. I don't have an issue with that. And I don't have an issue with anyone saying the seller should make a contribution to IH. I just have a problem that it matters who you are if someone says something to you or not.

Because someone put an infinite hero logo on an item and is selling them..its not customized with the colors...it is the exact Logo...that is the point that I made which clearly this guy doesnt understand. The Logo is the trademark not the colors
Ahhh...so the issue is the case with the pin on it?

Back