• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Is it OK to post a "what's it worth" thread?

Thanks guys. Correct, no serial number, it is a current production pair. I was pretty sure that's what they are worth (still listed on Oakley's site), but a quick look at Ebay showed a couple just like it going for $500 or more. I was wondering if I was missing something, if there was something going on that I was unaware of that impacted the price. I guess it's just uninformed Ebay buyers getting caught up in the "Rare! Discontinued!" hype.

Thanks again, I appreciate the input.

The first generation ruby lenses are slightly different, rare and worth more. They are more reddish, almost purple and less yellow. These are the ones that were featured in xmen and black hawk down. What you have are the modern Ruby color and you can still buy these lenses at oakley stores. You shouldn't be afraid to wear them.

...You shouldn't be afraid to wear them.

Yeah, I know, but they are so... new. It would actually be better if they were slightly used, then I wouldn't be afraid to wear them, especially since I don't have to because I already have Oakleys that I like and wear. Like a new car, I'm trying to avoid that first ding...