• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet frames for customization

Redcoat

Oakley Beginner
Just ordered this frame on EBay for refinishing customization. Going to give the X-man some business. I have a pair of OEM ruby lenses or Linegear turquoise lenses I'm going to install. What do you think: Plasma refinish or Xmetal refinish?
Cheers!
image.jpg

Well, I wouldn't use aftermarket lenses due to inferior optical quality, so that leaves the OEM ruby.

And x-metal / ruby is the more classic combo of the two finish options you list.

Otherwise I'd consider matte black or something similar.

I've seen some of the X mans, I believe he referred to it as rough plasma finish. They look really good! They might look nice with some ice iridium as well (OEM for sure).
I do agree though, black with Ruby… That would look great!

Hah, I was just seriously considering buying those.

I kind of think a "scarred" look would be cool on a pair of Juliets. To me, scuffs in x metal finish add character (though not so much that I'll deliberately scuff them, heh). If I had all the juliets in the world, I would probably take a pair and get them polished, then, with a clear crayon (that's a real thing I swear), make some scuff-like marks. Then I'd give them the Oxi-clean treatment from this thread.

I am not an artist (at least not with visual arts), and this idea would doubtless turn out to be a hideous disaster, but I do think the wax pattern/oxi-clean idea could produce interesting results.

Latest Posts

Back