• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Juliet Help Needed.....

IUSTEVE

I am Jim Jannard...
INDIANA
I have come upon a BNIB pair of juliets for a good price. My question regarding fakes. Are there fakes out there and how easy is it to tell? I will share some of the listed pics for your help.

2eqb9fc.jpg

kcf4v9.jpg

1twkf9.jpg

11vmuyv.jpg

Waiting for the full size pics of the other photos but on first glance the bend at the end of the arms has me worried. Usually that's a dead giveaway of fakes.

Edit: After a 2nd look they also appear to have hammerstems which would be found on the XX. Usually the Juliet has straight arms unless something custom was done. That last bend on the stems though is the biggest concern I have. Are you sure they are Juliets? They almost look like XX but even then they don't look quite right to me.

Pics are busted so i dont know. I have seen arms that bend like that though I dont recall the model...

Just judging from the actually pic of the glass they are most definitely fake. Reasons being no orbital gaskets and the way the ear stems turn out way at the end. They are both fake dead giveaways

Just judging from the actually pic of the glass they are most definitely fake. Reasons being no orbital gaskets and the way the ear stems turn out way at the end. They are both fake dead giveaways
Just said the same thing in a PM to the OP. Something about them just isn't right. Wrong arms, strange bend in the arms even for hammer stems, no orbital gaskets. Its hard to tell even from the CL pics the OP sent me, but something about this pair just doesn't feel right.

Back