• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Just Picked Up New Juliets

Thedude4bides

Oakley Beginner
Hey gang, new poster but long time Oakley wearer. I'll get around to making an intro in that section sooner or later:)

Question for you and sorry if this has been discussed but I couldn't find anything. I noticed that the lenses pick up reflections from the frames when the light source is behind you. At first I was going crazy looking for something on the lense itself until I noticed that while wearing them the mysterious white object went away when I cupped my hands around the sides of the lenses (blocking all light from behind). Anyone else notice this? Normal?

The other thing I noticed was the frames are uneven. The right side is lower than the left.
4u5enyga.jpg

^you can see the right side is completely off the table while the left rests on the table. My half jacket 2.0's are exactly even when resting. Keep in mind these are brand new out of the box and never worn other than to look in the mirror. I was going to take them for a drive today but then saw the white reflection and thought it was something on the lense. Then I set them down and saw the uneven frames. Moving the frames slightly I can see that one side move more than the other at the joints.

Should I just return? These are kinda hard to find...

Thanks for taking the time!

Wow. I've never seen that before. My first inclination would be to exchange them...but as you said, Juliets with plasma frames with ice lenses are getting tougher to find retail nowadays. I'm assuming the place where you bought them doesn't have any more in stock, otherwise you probably would have brought them back already.
I suppose the thing to do would be to send them to Oakley. The glasses are warranted against manufacturing defects. They might be able to repair the frames (assuming it's not a casting defect) or they might be able to replace them with another pair just like it.

Hope you get it sorted...good luck.

+1.....or if you did get them at an O store you can bring it back and have them find you a new one....I'm sure there is still some stock left.

If they are hard to get, i wouldnt return them, i would just send them to Oakley to have them tuned up under warranty.

Thanks for the replies! Looks like my relationship with Juliet is off to a rocky start...I'll see what Oakley can do for me.

Just as a FYI, i took a pair that was uneven like that to HQ and they said a tune up wouldn't do much. If under warranty, they could swap out the frame. If not under warranty, i think the cost to swap the frame was something like $150-$200 or something like that. Mine wasn't as bad as yours, so i just live with it.

^ haha, I would not be to keen on trying muscle them into place. There was definitely something off with how they were put together.

So the update is that I was just going to return them. I mean, I'm not a collector like most here and I intend on wearing the hell out of them and that means replacement lenses are a must. Sadly, Oakley doesn't have any and I don't think they are making more anytime soon. This kinda put me off to the whole deal.

Anyway, I went to return them and the girl asked if I wanted to exchange... Gasp! they had another pair! So I inspected them and noticed that they, too, were ever so slightly off. I mean barely. So I said "no, thanks. I'll just return them.". And the girl said "you don't sound so sure, I can give you 10% off on these...".

I bit. I ended up exchanging for a better pair and paid less. Sweet!

Back