• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Minute machine titanium washers

zwc0442

El Zach
Premium Member
Lifetime Member
Sunny San Diego
Was looking into having some titanium washers made for the minute machine but not sure how much interest there'd be so wanted to make a thread. Price wise would be looking around $120 for a set of 30 washers in raw ti. If you wanted em anodized or another color the price would be more depending on the desired finish and color. Anyway just wanted to see how much interest thered be as the initial cost is a fair amount.

I think there would be a decent amount of interest. i have anodised red in my MM and it really pops. my only concern was the metal of the washers rubbing on the metal of the links but i was informed that it was not an issue?? was there some sort of science behind that?

I am interested for sure.

A few questions:
1) Following @Jase_nz question - what will happen with the metal, on metal, without the rubber there to provide the flex?
-What about the Polished PVD finish?

2) Additional weight?…assume it would be minimal

3) Color options? (Like no Red in Ti ano spectrum).

Don't think there would be any problem metal on metal, there's not alot of movement going on there.

Maybe could do polished and then pvd coating but you'd end up looking at like $250 for a set of em for one watch after that. So gets pricey.

Anodized colors would be the colors titanium would normally anodize, stuff like I do on x metals.

And weight difference is very little. Weighed my mm with the factory plastic washers it was 184 grams. My mm with titanium washers was 190 grams.

Don't think there would be any problem metal on metal, there's not alot of movement going on there.

Maybe could do polished and then pvd coating but you'd end up looking at like $250 for a set of em for one watch after that. So gets pricey.

Anodized colors would be the colors titanium would normally anodize, stuff like I do on x metals.

And weight difference is very little. Weighed my mm with the factory plastic washers it was 184 grams. My mm with titanium washers was 190 grams.
Thanks! That answers my question from Time Tank Mass . How many links is that at 184 g?

Back