• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Minute machine titanium washers

Hmmm, not sure how you got red anodized titanium washers. Titanium doesn't anodize red. Aluminum can be anodized red tho.
Not sure tbh Ron from the x metal workshop did them when he was around. I’m sure he said they were titanium. I’ll gladly lend you some if you want to study it and measure it etc if that will save you some time in designing but I imagine you’d have all that stuff already
IMG_4673.jpeg

Not sure tbh Ron from the x metal workshop did them when he was around. I’m sure he said they were titanium. I’ll gladly lend you some if you want to study it and measure it etc if that will save you some time in designing but I imagine you’d have all that stuff already
View attachment 1083692
I appreciate the offer but have the measurements off the oem plastic ones. I have a set of those as well from him, they're actually painted a candy red.

I appreciate the offer but have the measurements off the oem plastic ones. I have a set of those as well from him, they're actually painted a candy red.
Are you able to anodise yellow and black? I would love to see a mm livestrong done one day.

Are you able to anodise yellow and black? I would love to see a mm livestrong done one day.

Wow I never knew any of this! Away down the rabbit hole I go! So many possibilities

There's a sort of yellow around 50v but no black anodizing that I can do. There is a proprietary black anodizing process available but it's like 10 grand for the info how to do it and it can only be done to certain grades of titanium. You can sort of heat and quench titanium to blacken it tho. But has a different look than anodizing.

I‘d rather have Ti hex bolts for the wristband than washers. (Obviously their shape is non-standard.) Is that in the cards?

I've had replacement screws made for the band. Having them made of stainless was already pretty expensive. Titanium would probably be 4-5x the cost. So a set of 26 bolts made of stainless I charge 150. So if made of titanium you'd be looking at 600-750. For a set for the band. Then the 4 for the case to band are different as well. I don't think there's a market for that at that price.

Back