• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Monster Pup?

Monster Pup's are quite possibly the smallest 'lifestyle' frame Oakley has ever made....similar to the fives in terms of size they are quite small. Not that it's a bad thing, but it's funny to see the evolution in lens/frame size from the pups' to say the fuel cell or god even the pit bull now...lol, funny image, pit bull vs monster pup.

They have a nice wrap, they actually fit me great because of their small size but personally they were just to small for me. I like larger lens frames. They may work great for you though.
From what i personally remember, of your list of frames, i'd say they closesly resembled the straight jacket's in terms of size and wrap. they fit much better than gascans and fuel cells.

Cool frame still! great if you want a nice small frame to wear around. I know nascar driver tony stewart was a big fan of the monster pups. Hope this helps!

Nooooooo. I would disagree with that. The Monster Pup's are relatively large frame wise. Lens wise, they are much smaller. I would say they could compare to the Gascan S in terms of fit but they still seem rather large.

I do agree with your other statement. They fit like a glove for me and are awesome! I had the Rust Text w/ Vr28 and sold them off due to pretty severe damage so yeah. I would also agree they are like the Straight Jackets in term of size.

Edit: They are really cheap right now, so I would just grab one anyways. They are great for the collection. I'll probably pick up the Rust Text frame again sometime.

thanks guys! nice to know they fit similar to the straight jackets. idk why, but fuel cells seem to look big on me, must be because of my asian face! lol

yeah, they're half-off over at oakleyvault.com so i might snag a pair. just wanted to know first how big/small they are.

I'm Asian and I think I have a medium sized head. The Fuel Cell's are probably the biggest I'd go in terms of size. The Monster Pup's looked just fine on my face. I actually think they were one of the best looking Lifestyle frames for my face.

I'm Asian and I think I have a medium sized head. The Fuel Cell's are probably the biggest I'd go in terms of size. The Monster Pup's looked just fine on my face. I actually think they were one of the best looking Lifestyle frames for my face.

thanks again! i think i'll really snag one, its just a matter of choosing between the 2 colors of frame available.

Glad I grabbed a grey Smoke b4 Polished Black was all they had left...out of my ten or so pair I had sold mine and really wanted it again..If anyone's thinking about grabbing a black one and they have smaller heads like me I say grab em at 45 dollars Also there are some lens sets for MP's for 25..either colorway does not disappoint

Glad I grabbed a grey Smoke b4 Polished Black was all they had left...out of my ten or so pair I had sold mine and really wanted it again..If anyone's thinking about grabbing a black one and they have smaller heads like me I say grab em at 45 dollars Also there are some lens sets for MP's for 25..either colorway does not disappoint

i missed out on the grey smoke so i grabbed the polished black instead. great deal at $48 shipped! still not too shabby at $48 shipped.

Got mine today...yeah These fit great and actually come in the new Black/white O Box...I have Polished Black with Black and 1 w/Emerald...great deal!

Got mine today...yeah These fit great and actually come in the new Black/white O Box...I have Polished Black with Black and 1 w/Emerald,Ruby,Ice and a few rust and matte frames..great deal! hopefully o will make a comparable fit soon with something new

Back