• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

MOVIES/TV SHOWS The Place To Discuss And Review Movies/TV Shows

Does anyone care to debate the original Star Trek #2 vs. the reboot #2 (Wrath of Kahn vs. Into Darkness)? It can be on its own thread or via PM, if you prefer not to do it here...

i have not watch wrath of kahn in a very long time. but i think JJ did a good job of a reboot of the franchise and blending newer style elements and keeping with the things that die hard trekies like

it is like trying to compare bonds everyone has their own option on who is better than who and who sucked

Does anyone care to debate the original Star Trek #2 vs. the reboot #2 (Wrath of Kahn vs. Into Darkness)? It can be on its own thread or via PM, if you prefer not to do it here...

I have not watched Wrath of Khan in a long time but I do feel JJ did a good job of rebooting the franchise and keeping some of the key elements while developing characters in diffrent ways

this is like having a discussion on what Bond was the best every one has a diffrent opinion on who was the best and who sucked

Last edited:
Two different movies. To compare them is to compare TOS with TNG.

True, and like TOS & TNG, both were good for different reasons...

I was thinking more along the lines of some of the direct parallels between the two, most notably the [SPOILERS] death scenes of Spock in the original vs. Kirk in the reboot. And one could also compare soundtracks, level of suspense, battle scenes, how you felt after watching them, etc.

But, no biggie. I just happened to rewatch Into Darkness the other week then stumbled across the tail end of Wrath of Kahn last night, gave me the idea to ask this question.

True, and like TOS & TNG, both were good for different reasons...

I was thinking more along the lines of some of the direct parallels between the two, most notably the [SPOILERS] death scenes of Spock in the original vs. Kirk in the reboot. And one could also compare soundtracks, level of suspense, battle scenes, how you felt after watching them, etc.

But, no biggie. I just happened to rewatch Into Darkness the other week then stumbled across the tail end of Wrath of Kahn last night, gave me the idea to ask this question.
I like them both for different reasons but I have to admit, the reboot is very cool and I do find myself thinking back to TOS and the GF is like "how did you know that? She NEVER saw TOS I believe.

I like them both for different reasons but I have to admit, the reboot is very cool and I do find myself thinking back to TOS and the GF is like "how did you know that? She NEVER saw TOS I believe.

Getting The Wife to watch any sci-fi with me is like pulling teeth, I almost have to trick her into it ("No, Fringe isn't sci-fi, it's cop drama...")

As someone under 30, going back and watching TOS, or any 60's movies/TV, is just painful.

I've seen TOS once. I have no real desire to go back and watch it again.
If I had to choose I would choose the reboot hands down just because of how cool it is now too. :)

Back