• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My First Case!

I got lucky with one popping up on ebay so I messaged the seller about local pick up :)
Tried that too heheh no luck if i cant get one ill have somebody to custom built me one in the near future im all spent out from 15 xmetals to 31 in 3 months since joining.

Tried that too heheh no luck if i cant get one ill have somebody to custom built me one in the near future im all spent out from 15 xmetals to 31 in 3 months since joining.
Custom would be awesome! I know the feeling of spending all your money lol.

Custom would be awesome! I know the feeling of spending all your money lol.
Hahhahahahaha you got that right bro ive talked to somebody here on vegas who does customes display cabinets 450 quoted double sided plus the lighting so overall 525 not bad.

Thank you guys! It's smaller than I was expecting so it's going to take some organization skills and decisions on what pairs to put in there as I am not a shelf whore! Lol.
You don't need to drill the lock if it's stuck open...
Take a crescent wrench and unscrew the 'nut' in the ,inside of the door...
Remove the latch, unscrews easily
Use the wrench or rubber hammer to tap the barrel out of the door
Replace with similar brand new barrel (with new keys)
Put everything back together

Enjoy!!!

You don't need to drill the lock if it's stuck open...
Take a crescent wrench and unscrew the 'nut' in the ,inside of the door...
Remove the latch, unscrews easily
Use the wrench or rubber hammer to tap the barrel out of the door
Replace with similar brand new barrel (with new keys)
Put everything back together

Enjoy!!!
Thank you! I will try this soon.

i'm sure the locks from this gen of cases all use the same profile key - perhaps a fellow member stateside can get you one cut?

IMO... Waiting for someone to ship the correct key... Shipping it back...getting a copy (or two)of a new key made would take about a week an cost about 10-15$ (5-10$ ship to and fro, 5$ on copies) ... Or a brand new piece than can be picked up at a local hand ware sore in the kitchen cabinetry dept for 6.99$ and it's done the same day...

Plus the satisfaction of having done it yourself

Congrats!

That's my first case as well - sitting right on my dresser ...

Will def be getting a single wide in the future, just cramped right now in a condo so holding off ...

Make sure you post a pic when you fill her up!

Enjoy it man ...

Back