• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My first tentative steps in Rust

IMG_1668.JPG

IMG_1669.JPG

IMG_1670.JPG

IMG_1671.JPG

IMG_1672.JPG

So, OK, easy to clean up, using the paints and inks, I did. Not too shabby(well, totally shabby as desired...lol) for my first foray into painting sunglasses.

@The Proprietary Molecule (Dave), any idea how to seal them, because I know, when I put the lenses in, they'll just 'chip', please?

Last edited:
Paul, I’d try using Matte clear coat ( several applications ), allow to thoroughly dry a few days.

Here’s the important trick … freeze the lenses before attempting to insert. They contract just enough to make the job easier.

Great job !!! Best of luck mate.

Paul, I’d try using Matte clear coat ( several applications ), allow to thoroughly dry a few days.

Here’s the important trick … freeze the lenses before attempting to insert. They contract just enough to make the job easier.

Great job !!! Best of luck mate.
Than I'll bung the lenses in the fridge! As always, thanks mate.

What kind of lenses are you going to put in them? They look like they were found at the bottom of the ocean, so how about a sapphire prizm?

I live in Hawaii where rust is big problem naturally. I've sen stainless steel rust away. So not a fan of the color. But I am now a fan of your work and your passion. You've done beautiful interpretations of the rust. Looks so real, like you may have to wash your hands and face after touching it. Lol. Awesome stuff. :cool-33:🤙

Back