• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

My Small Collection

Update on the collection:
Just found out the "Juliets" I purchased are not genuine. Big thanks to hereispunishment for helping me figure that out. I went through with the deal because of the OTT and the fake Juliets came with a genuine box and coin! So not a complete loss...and even still a good deal for just the OTT honestly. But still disappointing.

On a positive note, I did manage a trip to 2 Vaults yesterday. I'll post up shortly with the good news!
Wouldn't be sure on the box and coin either I'm afraid, they faked those along with the glasses. Could you photograph both sides of the coin and post those up? The casting is less well defined on the fakes.

I learn to spot fake juliet even if the obvious bent earstem and screw head at the back of coupler is hidden, perfect when someone is wearing them obscuring your view to those obvious signs. Just look at the lens and the orbital surface, if the lens is receeding from the front surface of the orbitals it is fake. Authentic Juliet lens surface has very very little clearance to orbital front surface.

Last edited:
I learn to spot fake juliet even if the obvious bent earstem and screw head at the back of coupler is hidden, perfect when someone is wearing them obscuring your view to those obvious signs. Just look at the lens and the orbital surface, if the lens is receeding from the front surface of the orbitals it is fake. Authentic Juliet lens surface has very very little clearance to orbital front surface.
Even if the photos don't show those elements, they pretty much have to show the orbital cut. That, or the lack of it, is the biggest telltale here. Even on those fakes that make more of an attempt at an orbital cut, the angle is way off - closer to an XX's cut than a Juliet's.

Wouldn't be sure on the box and coin either I'm afraid, they faked those along with the glasses. Could you photograph both sides of the coin and post those up? The casting is less well defined on the fakes.

Let me know what you guys think :/
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Back