• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Need Some Advice on Romeo 2's

Thanks for all of the welcomes! I should have started talking on here sooner!

kronin323, good point on if they snap. Maybe my first step needs to be sending them to him before I start putting money in parts.
Yeah ... Show some pics of the arms ... You may be able to get a straight answer about the arms right away ...

Ok, but don't say I didn't warn you. ;) jk
IMG_5639_zpsyepflc1i.jpg
IMG_5641_zpsuggflvkq.jpg
IMG_5640_zpsh8knvzkd.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5639_zpsyepflc1i.jpg
    IMG_5639_zpsyepflc1i.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 135
  • IMG_5641_zpsuggflvkq.jpg
    IMG_5641_zpsuggflvkq.jpg
    67 KB · Views: 118
  • IMG_5640_zpsh8knvzkd.jpg
    IMG_5640_zpsh8knvzkd.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 129
Actually seeing them like this, I think the bend is in the skinniest part of the arm, and maybe not on the tab that makes up the hinge! I may be in luck then.

From your photos I would guess this will be an easy fix. A little gentle persuasion to the arm should bring that back more than level, followed by a tune up, you're almost there.
The rubber may be the most difficult to source unless Linegear have them. I know the R2 rubber has been a requested item from them before but have yet to see them available.

discostu, thanks! It's encouraging that someone else sees it too.
I've lucked out and found a set of the rubber parts, so I just need to figure out the lenses and I think I'll be set. I'm really excited at how quickly this is coming together!

I joined back then because I was considering doing this for Christmas and I had also been using the site to research about Oakley watches. But then he ended up wanting something else for Christmas and any time I would think about asking something, I could usually find the answer by poking around for a bit.

I'll probably be around more now. I have some old E-wires that I'd like to track down lenses for and my Juliet's could use new lenses. Plus my Remedy's met an untimely demise this weekend and are now at the bottom of a lake. :( So I'll probably be researching a replacement soonish (first I want the R2's back in commission). And I am positively infatuated with the watches. Someday I will own a small Icon with either the pink or lavender face (plus a couple other watches that are on my bucket list).

I joined back then because I was considering doing this for Christmas and I had also been using the site to research about Oakley watches. But then he ended up wanting something else for Christmas and any time I would think about asking something, I could usually find the answer by poking around for a bit.
There ya go.

Well welcome.

Impressive to hear that you've actually searched for answers. Most GUYS that join don't even bother and just start posting threads asking the same question over and over. Oh wait....YOURE NOT A GUY!!!! There's the answer RIGHT THERE!!!! :D