• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Newbie needing help straight jacket fmj ice

Zombie lizard

Oakley Beginner
I have just found my Oakley straight jacket fmj flames blue ice 04-261 after a few years, and they're in need of a overhaul. The earsocks have started perishing and the lense coating on the inside has flaked of mostly. So i'm looking for new earsocks and lenses. I have seen Straight jacket iridium lenses on the Oakley site, and wanted to know if the will fit my model as there is no indication to what they are. Do the lenses fit all straight jacket models? If these aren't right where can I get some from? Also where can I get some earsocks from for this model?

Also I was thinking about changing it up a bit, how do you guys feel about having blue earsocks and positive red iridium lenses on this model?

I have the same pair. The lenses on the O site are for the New Straight Jacket 2. What you have is the New Straight Jacket.

Finding lenses will probably be near impossible. As Oakleynerd said, 3rd party is an option. Custom cut Oakley lenses are also an option. Lenses form a different pair of Oakleys can be cut down to fit your frame. We have plenty of top notch cutters here that can do this for a small fee. One is even an optician and Authorized Oakley Dealer. Check out the rules Oakleynerd posted and stay a while. When you can reach the exchange, you'll be able to find someone to cut them. The total price will be higher than 3rd party but would you put a Chevy engine in a Ferrari? It's a damn good engine but it kind of defeats the purpose of having a Ferrari. Just my opinion!

As for rubbers, we have a bunch of guys here that are either Oakley Dealers or have hoards of stashed stuff. I'm sure you'll be able to find them once you reach the exchange.

If the paint is flaking, it will need to be repainted. There are a TON of options here. Several of our members can do this as well if you're not comfortable painting them. They can even be cerakoted. Again, when you reach the exchange.

Welcome to the forum!

Thanks for the advice it had dawned on me after trawling through the web today that the lenses wouldn't fit, out of interest what lenses would be the best fit for this model if cutting them down? The frames themselves are in near perfect condition apart from a small chip in the Oakley O on one of the arms. And thanks for the welcome, think I will stay for a while and read some more about customising as I wouldn't mind having a go at a pair of eye jacket 1.0's myself. My first ever Oakley's

Welcome to the forum Zombie. @SiRacer420 hit it so over the wall with his response it should be a sticky thread. Please stay a while and learn and contribute. There's something cool and new here every day.

:welcome:

Check out the link in the first post of this thread for what lenses will work:
http://www.oakleyforum.com/threads/cutting-lenses-what-works.12332
There are 147 pages of people asking if different stuff will work for this or that, but the link has the most info.

As for Eye Jackets, there are a few members selling brand new in the box first and second gen Eye Jackets. Your wallet will hate you!

Thanks @cyclerdoug :)

Latest Posts

Back