• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Nose Irritated By Rubber

Enders

Oakley Expert
Long Island, NY
Ive had many juliets with no problem with black rubber on my nose, for some reason the half x brown rubber is sticky, and the irritation in my nose gives me a headache, anyone else have this issue with the unobtanium? Is there a fix to make it less sticky?

You can boil it and wash it with soap. But eventually it will get sticky again. I have to agree the the rootbeer unobtainium does get sticky much fast then the others.....

The new Rootbeer kit on my TI/Gold Juliets look "wet" and feel sticky as well.....A quick dunk in very hot water fixed it.

Just boiled them and there is no difference, still tacky and irritating

Maybe just replace them with black OEM nosepads. I know it would bother some people that they don't match, but to the untrained eye you wont notice the difference....... You could always call HQ warranty dept, explain the problem and see if they can send you a pair of both.....Also if you don't get anywhere with the person your speaking too, get their name and call back in a while and speak to someone different. Its surprising how many people have different info....

Back