1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. tarheel7734

tarheel7734 Oakley Enthusiast

So I am putting together a wish list for my wife and dont see a lot of talk about the zero line. Is no one into them? Are they hard to find?

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. oakleyandi

oakleyandi Oakley Collector

it depends on the generation, personally I don't like them, but they can be a pain to get specially the .3, expensive and very sought after by Old School Oakley connoisseurs

3. tarheel7734

tarheel7734 Oakley Enthusiast

On my list is a sub zero planet x blue iridium and planet x +red and a .4 squared in cobalt and + red

4. oakleyandi

oakleyandi Oakley Collector

I just sold a pair of .4 cobalt +red in 100 bro... damn... !!!!

5. obiwan

obiwan Oakley Beginner

I'm still keeping an eye out for a blue iridium sub zero, had a pair back in the day and miss them.

6. gambit8585

gambit8585 Oakley Beginner

Anyone have a good suggestion on where I should keep an eye out for some .3 gens? On this site or maybe elsewhere?

7. myillwillinc

myillwillinc Oakley Beginner

i raced with the old school sub zeros and have a broken pair in a box. currently looking for some to pickup.

8. Eckstream1

Eckstream1 Addicted to O

I sold my pair years ago but am now regretting it... :sad:

They are all over on eBay... And I've been thinking about picking up a pair.
    Only I want mine in mint condition in original box... :laugh:

Seems to be impossible.

Also I think there would be more discussion on them if there was a Vintage Section... But alas, they wont give us one!

9. OpinionatedOakley

OpinionatedOakley Oakley Beginner

I like the "New Zero" line with the classic frame position and Gen 2 o-matter earstems. The Zero S type frame position limits peripheral vision.

They are plagued by a design flaw - the lens material is too thin, so the flex is at the nosebridge. I never understood why they didn't make the polycarb the same thickness as the M frame lens so it is stiffer and the o-matter arms can do the bending. O-matter stands up to bending a lot better than polycarb.

Anyway. I have models all across the line, from the Sub Zero to the Zero S. I use them for solo sports where there is no risk of getting hit in the face.