• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Fading Out?

joeajohn313369

Oakley Expert
Am I the only person who feels that ever since Oakley was bought out a few years ago it has gone downhill. The collectible and unique looks like medusa and fml have gone and we are replaced by generic plastic made in China "popular" looks. I may be alone with this thought but I miss the old ways.

SouthPark.jpg

Am I the only person who feels that ever since Oakley was bought out a few years ago it has gone downhill. The collectible and unique looks like medusa and fml have gone and we are replaced by generic plastic made in China "popular" looks. I may be alone with this thought but I miss the old ways.

Oakley was sold seven years ago (not a few years), but yes, alot of sunglasses lack the style of the Oakley past. I believe with the size that the company is now, the focus is on appealling to the masses more than the mad scientists of the world. But there is some promise on the horizon, Disruptive By Design | Oakley Inc.. There is also a thread here on the forum, although there wasn't a lot of interest, judging by the responses. Hopefully Oakley can follow though with the Disruptive by Design campaign.

But there is some promise on the horizon, Disruptive By Design | Oakley Inc.. There is also a thread here on the forum, although there wasn't a lot of interest, judging by the responses. Hopefully Oakley can follow though with the Disruptive by Design campaign.
A bright green and purple Frogskin maybe? Haha.

Anyone see this though? Looks a bit like an OTT, but not quite like one. Maybe something new?
6gj7zt.png

It's lacked a clear creative direction for sure. They have thrown mud at the wall to see what sticks, and most of it has fallen and made a horrible mess on the floor.

Back