1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. Tantor67

Tantor67 Oakley Enthusiast

Well I have to say I am underwhelmed by many of the new Oakley styles. Maybe Oakley should go back into their archives and reissue some old classics. Eye Jackets come immediately to mind. They can make the old styles larger also, like in the case of something like a C Wire. So am I crazy??

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. cyclerdoug

cyclerdoug Oakley Expert Premium Member

Yes. The Heritage stuff was probably as involved as the Lux brain trust will get. Eyeshades and 30 year retro paint jobs. Wires and X Metals are not on anyone's radar but ours, I'm afraid.

3. Tantor67

The only reissue I have seen was the old M Frame. Lux is killing the brand with redundant square frames. Ray Ban survived on the Aviator alone

4. Oakley G

Oakley G Oakley Enthusiast

Ray-ban actually has a lot of iconic styles including the Wayfarer, Caravan/Navigator, and Clubmaster, not just aviators.

Oakley has re-issued many pairs including Eyeshades, Blades, T Wire, Square Wire, E Wire, Frogskin. They haven't done so well (other than Frogskings of course) and usually end up highly discounted at the Vaults. The wraparounds time isn't quite here yet but they'll have a lot of similar styles to re-issue when they do. Original Eye Jackets, Straight Jackets, Tens, Twentys, Minutes.

Last edited: 9/8/16
  5. Tantor67

6. Tantor67

I forgot about Ray Bans other styles I guess I'm just not that crazy about them. I sure wish Oakley would hurry up on those reissues. Maybe add some really cool paint jobs to them?

7. Funky-Trixtar

Funky-Trixtar Me ,some time ago............. Premium Member

Sorry, but don't think this will EVER happen.

8. OakleyFrankFMJ

OakleyFrankFMJ The Legend - - Vlad the Impaler Premium Member Lifetime Member

This brings to mind a thread I've once read about dead horses. :cool:

9. cyclerdoug

cyclerdoug Oakley Expert Premium Member

He's still new so I didn't whip him. Besides, enthusiasm is contagious, let him dream a little!

Funky-Trixtar and Tantor67 like this.
  10. Tantor67

Since I joined the forum I have picked up 12 pairs, yes it is a very contagious disease

cyclerdoug likes this.