• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Jawbreaker fit not as good as Radar

devon_roadie

Oakley Beginner
I've had some Oakley Radar Path shades for a few years and to be honest I love them.

But fancying a change I've gone for some Jawbreaker's. Straight away I've noticed the arms don't hug my head as the Radars do. I thought it might be because there are only small pieces of rubber grip on the arms so I put my Radar earsocks on them but doesn't make much difference.

It seems like because the arms on the Jawbreaker are so skinny they flex and don't hold so well. I'm hoping this isn't going to be a serious issue for me.

Has anyone else experienced the same?

Last edited by a moderator:
It's apparent by design/shape, not how skinny the arms are. The Jawbreaker doesn't use the hammer profile of the Radar. Depending on head, one might want to run them under helmet straps. I personally opt for the AF pads and can run over the straps, and on the longest setting which narrows the end opening.

In questioning if it could be a serious issue, yeah maybe some heads won't get along with it, and maybe you're in that mix — that goes with any pair. But otherwise, I don't see Cav throwing his pair in the trash, as well as the other professional cyclists wearing them since like...Paris-Roubaix on literal cobbles.

Yep have adjusted the arms, hasn't seemed to make much difference. The Radars definitely hug quite tight, but not these.

that is a shame - the jawbreaker has been a huge success for oakley. just look at how many riders are using them in the tdf..,

hopefully, you can find a solution.

They dont hug as well, but for cycling, they are genius, because they are the only frame that doesnt interfere with my helmet. The up and down field of vision is also absolutely unreal.

I agree that it could well be my head shape.

I'll give them a try I think, and sell them on if no good

Yeah it's just a shame/hard reality sometimes. I can't make M2's work because they don't have an AF nosepiece, but I loved their lens shape.

If you've still got the itch for a new pair (and the heightened field of view of the Jawbreaker), the Radar EV is a nice one.

Yeah it's just a shame/hard reality sometimes. I can't make M2's work because they don't have an AF nosepiece, but I loved their lens shape.

If you've still got the itch for a new pair (and the heightened field of view of the Jawbreaker), the Radar EV is a nice one.

Hey bro,
M2's come in asian fit which are a shorter lens and have a different cut than the regular fit as well as
a larger nose pad. Not sure what stores near you would carry it, but they do exist. M2's are being disco'd though
as a newer M2 XL is coming out on the next release. Think it's dropping with an asian fit style too but not completely sure.

Back