• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Jawbreaker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have both the JAWBREAKER and EYESHADE?

I'd like to ask for width comparison pictures. Trying to find out which one's wider.

Width is nearly equal

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432419973.789801.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432419982.175391.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432419989.629253.jpg

Interesting. I think I'm getting an Eyeshade then. It appears to be wider than the JBs.

Thank you

Whatever.

It just made me realize how more and more the Jawbreaker is losing its new shiny appeal for me. I knew it wasn't as big as the Eyeshade, but to see them juxtaposed like that for the first time (yes, that's the first time I had them out to play together) its just reminding how Oakley keeps trending its sports pairs smaller.

The megashades are gone. Until I get my hands on a Tombstone, but I have a feeling it will fit like a Pitch lens and leave gaps everywhere.

Whatever.

It just made me realize how more and more the Jawbreaker is losing its new shiny appeal for me. I knew it wasn't as big as the Eyeshade, but to see them juxtaposed like that for the first time (yes, that's the first time I had them out to play together) its just reminding how Oakley keeps trending its sports pairs smaller.

The megashades are gone. Until I get my hands on a Tombstone, but I have a feeling it will fit like a Pitch lens and leave gaps everywhere.
I know that the jawbreakers were designed specifically for cyclists, and the average cyclist is a little thinner than the average person.

The Jawbreaker wasn't designed for everyone. Oakley designed the Jawbreaker to work well for a specific group of people, and they hit the nail right on the head.

I know that the jawbreakers were designed specifically for cyclists, and the average cyclist is a little thinner than the average person.

The Jawbreaker wasn't designed for everyone. Oakley designed the Jawbreaker to work well for a specific group of people, and they hit the nail right on the head.
It's not the width that bothers me. It's the overall size. The EV Pitch might be the biggest pair they make now, and I still haven't warmed up to the EV frame and the Pitch leaves large gaps at the bottom of the peripheral view. And I understand that's not so bad, but I still ache for a modern design that stands up to some of the old colossal pairs. The Eyeshade is HUGE in comparison to the Jawbreaker and have a LOT more uninterrupted vision. Heater and Slash are miles ahead in coverage than anything else offered.

Heck, I liked the Range, just not the Radar, but they decided not to carry that into any further iterations of the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back