• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Juliet Guide - The 9 OEM Juliet frame finishes

@Carrera1963 I always thought my Juliets where OEM I guess not if these are the only 9 colors they came in. They have a rough texture like an x metal finish but they're much lighter then all yours they are a Sandy color I think they are the very first gen. Here is the one picture I have of them on my phone excuse the selfie I can take more if you want a closet look.

2016-01-31 19.41.13.jpg

@Carrera1963 I always thought my Juliets where OEM I guess not if these are the only 9 colors they came in. They have a rough texture x metal finish but they were much lighter then all these they are a Sandy color I think they are the very first gen. Here the one picture I have of them on my phone excuse the selfie I can take more if you want a closet look.

View attachment 218984

Yeah like Nortika said, 1st gen Ti. I have a pair too.

@Carrera1963 I always thought my Juliets where OEM I guess not if these are the only 9 colors they came in. They have a rough texture x metal finish but they were much lighter then all these they are a sandy ish color I think they are first gen. Here is the one picture I have of them on my phone excuse the selfie I can take more if you want a closer look at them.

Look for a serial on the left arm; the prefix will indicate the original colorway. If you don't see a serial, know that 1st gen Ti had a problem with the serial fading. In that case, try looking at it from an angle; you might see a ghost of the original serial.

Look for a serial on the left arm; the prefix will indicate the original colorway. If you don't see a serial, know that 1st gen Ti had a problem with the serial fading. In that case, try looking at it from an angle; you might see a ghost of the original serial.
Well the nose pins aren't painted like the rest of the glasses I know these where sent into oakley for a tune up. I dont have the glasses on hand I'll have to look a little later

Well, this thread is proving popular of late! One of the things I like most about the Juliet is the variety available, both frames and lenses. Custom cuts extends the latter even more.

@kronin323 I have found indeed that mine are first gen and they are called "gold titanium x-metal" here is a link to a set like mine on feebay. I think ill hold on to these ones for a while and maybe not wear them anymore. Vintage Rare Oakley Juliet Gold Titanium X-Metal Sunglasses 1st Gen Serial
Yep, as a couple others have said, that is a 1st gen Ti frame. Gold (iridium) is the lens color and Titanium is the frame finish. X-metal is the frame material (titanium alloy), it also is the "family" name for the line of glasses and a different frame finish. That is the same colorway as the second pair in the first row of the OP.

Or it could be 1st gen plasma, a serial would tell all. Some age differently than others.

Last edited:
Back