• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Oakley Nanowire Video-review

Juleye Exclusive Eyewear

http://www.juleye.nl
The Netherlands
There it is, my new video-review. This time I am having a look at the Nanowire series, i hope you enjoy the video. I noticed I had to think quite a bit sometimes during the making of the video. But that's because there was a lot to tell, took some takes, as in the first tries I forgot to tell some info ;-)

[video=youtube_share;Dq6ofnnUH5U]http://youtu.be/Dq6ofnnUH5U[/video]

Nice review. It is too bad they are now so hard to find.

A friend gave me his nanowire 2.0 because it was so badly made that he couldn't wear it. One day I'm going to get some new lenses cut for it so the frame is not so crooked.

The Nanowire 3.0 is my favorite of the series. It is so freaking light and has such good coverage that wearing it you cannot tell you have sunglasses on.

i love the nanowire 2.0 and 3.0. my first ever oakley purchase was between a Radar Livestrong and a Nanowire 3.0. in the end, the livestrong radar was more useful overall..as i was doing alot of sports. now i wish i got the nanowore 3.0 instead..

monster-beetle I think all your videos are fantastic!! you have provided detailed factual information and given some sound opinion, tremendous educational material and I have learned plenty from you as a result of your efforts, and I really appreciate the calm 'European racing driver' accent that adds great character to the narrative. I have a passion for the Nanowire as well with four pairs within my collection, one example from each of the models, and share the view of some that the 3.0 was the best.

monster-beetle I think all your videos are fantastic!! you have provided detailed factual information and given some sound opinion, tremendous educational material and I have learned plenty from you as a result of your efforts, and I really appreciate the calm 'European racing driver' accent that adds great character to the narrative. I have a passion for the Nanowire as well with four pairs within my collection, one example from each of the models, and share the view of some that the 3.0 was the best.

Thanks :) I am glad you like it :) The 'European racing driver' accent, haha, never heard that one, I like it.
I hope to have the 3.0 one day too. It's really missing now. I know that after their discontinuation they went on eBay for about $130,- still hate the fact that I didn't grab one back then.

if only the 3.0 came with 2.0 arms instead of 1.0 arms..! i think that would be cool

I think the 2.0 earstems distinguish themselves a bit more from the masses then the 1.0 earstems indeed. I personally also prefer the 2.0 earstems :)

Hammerstems are just all that much sweeter and definitely give the 2.0 a subtle Oakley feel rather than just being some rimless sunglasses (Maui Jim et al).

Back