• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
im thinking about buying these nanowire 2.0 i want to make sure they are real. any suggestions?
00505_eObvRqzWTAl_600x450.jpg
00u0u_eujnNn3L7O4_600x450.jpg
00D0D_cgM0FKuHzyB_600x450.jpg
00P0P_6XNJjRA985u_600x450.jpg
00202_bOivYcGVsYe_600x450.jpg

Think I got burned. First pair of Oakleys. Thought they seemed legit at the time, but now I think they might be fake.

The good: No screws showing, has the small icon symbol at the end of the stems, serial matches to color combo (although I have seen some serials with 137 at the end, mine dont have that), and the icon pieces on the sides are magnetic. No play in lenses, popped them out and they seemed pretty thick, popped in easily and snug.

The possible bad: Metal rivets have paint chipped from them showing silver underneath, the ear piece stems are loose. They click in but have some play in them when shaking the glasses. I did not think the cons were a big deal since the glasses are pretty beat. Frame is good, but lenses are terrible. Figured the stems are just worn out.
20140710_000901.jpg 20140710_000824.jpg 20140710_001001.jpg 20140710_001013.jpg 20140710_001058.jpg

Think I got burned. First pair of Oakleys. Thought they seemed legit at the time, but now I think they might be fake.

The good: No screws showing, has the small icon symbol at the end of the stems, serial matches to color combo (although I have seen some serials with 137 at the end, mine dont have that), and the icon pieces on the sides are magnetic. No play in lenses, popped them out and they seemed pretty thick, popped in easily and snug.

The possible bad: Metal rivets have paint chipped from them showing silver underneath, the ear piece stems are loose. They click in but have some play in them when shaking the glasses. I did not think the cons were a big deal since the glasses are pretty beat. Frame is good, but lenses are terrible. Figured the stems are just worn out.
View attachment 93566 View attachment 93567 View attachment 93568 View attachment 93569 View attachment 93570

I am not a holbrook expert at all... Others can you tell far better than me. But from what I can see, they look legit!

View attachment 93566 View attachment 93567 View attachment 93568 View attachment 93569 View attachment 93570
It would appear that the pair is a legit polished white with violet iridium release. It's just showing signs of wear on the pins from either being rested lens side down or just pure mishandling of the pair. Nothing puts up any red flags for me.

As for serials reaching 137... that would not be part of the Holbrook range. To date the highest SKU is 9102-76. The 009102 SKU refers to it being from the Holbrook family and the 05 afterwards is the particular frame & lens combo released.

Has anyone purchased any glasses from oakley2014sales site they say they are offering 80% discount. Surely a bit too good to be true!

Latest Posts

Back