• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!
Oakley X-Metal XX 24kt Gold Sunglasses

so i emailed this guy for more pics im waiting on his pics to be sent he said later tonight he will send them. here is our email convo no serial number on 24k juliets???

me: Hi can I have better pics of the glasses and serial number thank you

his response
Sorry for the late reply! I'll send you additional photo's as soon as I get home, I had a medical emergency. One thing as far as serial number, these glasses were bought in 2006 and did not have serial numbers, they stop issuing serial numbers on the Oakleys in 2005. Thank you

Oakley X-Metal XX 24kt Gold Sunglasses

so i emailed this guy for more pics im waiting on his pics to be sent he said later tonight he will send them. here is our email convo no serial number on 24k juliets???

me: Hi can I have better pics of the glasses and serial number thank you

his response
Sorry for the late reply! I'll send you additional photo's as soon as I get home, I had a medical emergency. One thing as far as serial number, these glasses were bought in 2006 and did not have serial numbers, they stop issuing serial numbers on the Oakleys in 2005. Thank you

24K Juliets and 24K XX are completely different animals. Those are XX.

What is XX?

XX is a different x-metal frame style. They resemble Juliets but their orbitals are a little taller and their orbital breaks are positioned slightly differently. All XXs have hammerstem earstems, while most Juliets have straight stems (a few of the exceptions being polished Juliets and, coincidentally, 24K Juliets). Also, the nosebombs are different.

The 24K XX is two-tone, with gold painted earstems & nosebridge and plasma orbitals. Those aren't good pics but if you look closely you can see that they are actually two-tone, the orbitals more silvery than the nose & stems. They were not a limited production and the finish is prone to flaking.

In comparison, the 24K Juliets are actually gold plated all over, not two-tone, and were limited to a run of 750, each serialed.

Spend a little time digging through the forum via the search function and you'll find plenty of info on Juliets vs. XX and the different 24Ks.

Thanks for the info I actually want 24k x-squared, I own the chrome polished x-squared I was just thinking of getting those and trying to trade.

Thanks for the info I actually want 24k x-squared, I own the chrome polished x-squared I was just thinking of getting those and trying to trade.

The 24K Juliets and 24K XS are comparable and very overvalued at the moment. The 24K XX, not even close.

If you're more interested in the bling than the collectability, there's a guy here who can gold plate a frame for you to clone one. It's not cheap, but total investment would likely be less than getting an OEM 24K XS.

Sorry for the crappy pics..Titanium Spike..Real or fake? Thanks
00I0I_gchJ3DBemBE_600x450_1.jpg
01212_91PZuAo3xn3_600x450 (1)_1.jpg
View attachment 13565

00I0I_gchJ3DBemBE_600x450_1.jpg

01212_91PZuAo3xn3_600x450 (1)_1.jpg

00404_alGgVjbmFgs_600x450_1.jpg

00404_alGgVjbmFgs_600x450_1.jpg

Hello! New to the forums. I didn't want to create a new thread and this thread seems to be updated frequently so I figured I'd ask here. I've googled, youtubed and searched this forum to try and figure this out. I'll try and make this as brief as possible. In Jan of this year I purchased some Fuel Cell SI edition with the ACU green cerakote. A month later I noticed the cerakote wearing off on one ear piece. Called Oakley and started a warranty claim. They viewed the pictures I sent and asked me to send them in. After they received them I got a call saying they were going to replace them, but they didn't have any SI edition cerakoted frames. They gave me the choice of black, matte black with tonal USA flag icon and smoke, I reluctantly chose the flat black. My question is, when I received them there are no markings showing model number at all. Is this normal? I know for sure I didn't get fake Oakleys from the factory but why would they not have the white part number on the earpiece? I have the paperwork but if I were to try to sell these, I would assume people would view these as fake.

Hello! New to the forums. I didn't want to create a new thread and this thread seems to be updated frequently so I figured I'd ask here. I've googled, youtubed and searched this forum to try and figure this out. I'll try and make this as brief as possible. In Jan of this year I purchased some Fuel Cell SI edition with the ACU green cerakote. A month later I noticed the cerakote wearing off on one ear piece. Called Oakley and started a warranty claim. They viewed the pictures I sent and asked me to send them in. After they received them I got a call saying they were going to replace them, but they didn't have any SI edition cerakoted frames. They gave me the choice of black, matte black with tonal USA flag icon and smoke, I reluctantly chose the flat black. My question is, when I received them there are no markings showing model number at all. Is this normal? I know for sure I didn't get fake Oakleys from the factory but why would they not have the white part number on the earpiece? I have the paperwork but if I were to try to sell these, I would assume people would view these as fake.
Warranty items are known to come with missing and incomplete markings. They may have pieced together a M.P.H. frame for you.

Back