1. Want to see less ads, private areas and be able to post? Register Today to receive all these benefits and more!
Dismiss Notice

Want to see less ads, post content and the ability to buy & sell Oakleys?

Register Today or Login

1. DrtyHarry

DrtyHarry Oakley Collector

Are the orbital rings on the Penny and Juliet the same size....are they interchangeable with one and other? I see some available from OXM parts and from Linegear. I had purchased some from OXM a while back for the Juliet. I need some for the Penny...not sure if the Juliet ones will work. If not...I suppose I can trim them to fit? Thoughts? Thanks fellas...

Harry

Shade Station Oakley Sunglasses

Register to Not see this ad
  2. dragonvoi

dragonvoi Dragonvoi knows xMetal. Premium Member

wont fit, maybe trim but you are better off trimming/cutting old earsocks. the juliet gaskets are asymmetrical, while the penny gaskets are not.

3. DrtyHarry

Ah.....thanks man. Think I'm better off with Linegear or OXM? Or doesn't really matter? I took my lenses out today on some of my frames, and the OEM ones just crumbled apart....

4. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

Haven't tried OXM but their washers are awesome. Would love to give their orbital gaskets a try sometime. I have used linegear in the past, they work just fine but are obviously "squishier" than oem.

5. DrtyHarry

I'll go ahead and order some more for the Penny....$10 a set is a bit steep but....eh. Squichier I take it is a negative?

6. joecool862

joecool862 Keeper of the Skull Premium Member Lifetime Member

Not necessarily a negative, I think they work just fine. Some people want the rubber a little closer to the stiffness of the OEM stuff. I don't think you can go wrong either way!

7. DrtyHarry

Ordered a few sets....I have some complete LG Penny kits on the way, so I will be able to compare. I can't imagine how on earth I will notice a difference once installed but....oh well. $22 for 4 tiny pieces of rubber....talk about a profit! :-O

joecool862 likes this.