• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

OTT nuke head

Thank you very much for your effort kronin. I really appreciate it. Now I have few options and obviously more than one shirt is coming :D as always when it comes to oakley... :D

My question would be if the file format is acceptable to the printers. Some modern equipment can handle pretty much any format these days, but some older stuff may require a Vector file or another specific format, or it may have some requirement of RGB vs. CMYK colors. If something like that comes up, I might be able to convert it to what's needed, depending on what it is.

BTW here's the A4 image printed on plain Letter-sized paper (similar to A4) with a color laser printer; looks good to me. Imagine it on a black T-shirt...

20160107_203514.jpg

[QUOTE="kronin323, post: 649271, member: 8]My question would be if the file format is acceptable to the printers. Some modern equipment can handle pretty much any format these days, but some older stuff may require a Vector file or another specific format, or it may have some requirement of RGB vs. CMYK colors. If something like that comes up, I might be able to convert it to what's needed, depending on what it is.

BTW here's the A4 image printed on plain Letter-sized paper (similar to A4) with a color laser printer; looks good to me. Imagine it on a black T-shirt...

View attachment 212478[/QUOTE]
Hi. I'll be sending quotation to printing guys and if they say it's ok then I'm fine. Your printing Look great in my opinion. RGB and CMYK are new to me so I'm not even trying to dig into that now. Image looks great and like you said I'm targeting black shirt.

RGB and CMYK

It's just the base colors they mix to create specific colors. RGB has been around a long time, means Red Green Blue; your TV and other LCDs use RGB.

CMYK is more commonly used for printing, means Cyan Magenta Yellow Key.

Avoiding getting into the differences of additive (RGB) and subtractive (CMYK) color models, let's just say trying to print a RGB image with something that requires CMYK will give you a very different-looking end result, color-wise.

Ask to The printer man lol what formar Of color he need cmyk Is The normal or rgb, And What extensión For The file he need, The normal Is eps in cmyk or .ai (Adobe illustrator extendions), but depend OF The machine he use For print.

[QU
[QUOTE="Fernando, post: 649346, member: 109Ask to The printer man lol what formar Of color he need cmyk Is The normal or rgb, And What extensión For The file he need, The normal Is eps in cmyk or .ai (Adobe illustrator extendions), but depend OF The machine he use For print.[/QUOTE]
Damn and I thought that it'll Just be a simple question and simple answer. Turns out that shirtprinting is complex like rocket science :O it's good that O forum has scientists behind the back. You guys Fernando and Kronin should Just apply to oakley and become MAD :D

Back