• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Perfect Example of a Steady Downward Spiral

Costas are collectible?

I doubt Oakley’s will ever die. Their sport lineup is still very versatile and sells very well.

Oh I agree with you @Zax. But there was probably some Boomer 20years ago saying the same thing to their friend in a convo about Oakleys. "You mean to tell me people collect those nuclear vomit Green space visors?" - said some old dude

Without continuity the product will eventually die and be forgotten that will be the case on x metals unfortunately. Unless something of thesame stature will be released, then its legacy will continue. So far and it’s a fact that nothing has been released to continue the legacy. Maybe the carbon primes??????:p:D.

Omg unfortunately it will die out as well. The xyz generations don’t give a fak about these overpriced POS LOL. I asked my young gun friends if they will shed 450 for a juliet 4/5 said “you are nuts” imagine 500 or more.

That’s what killed the company in the first place. Innovation at it’s best, but a few customers due to pricing. I mean pricing is fair, but only a few select can afford them. I myself wasn’t able to afford them till i hit my early 20s.
I think it’s our job to continue the tradition. I don’t feel ALL new styles are bad. Flak 2 and Radars are nice. My son has one of each...I make him pay for half and find him a deal, but he’s hooked on Oakley...(he’s only 15, so Income is limited, but I do my best to NOT just give him, what I consider, luxury items.)

Without continuity the product will eventually die and be forgotten that will be the case on x metals unfortunately. Unless something of thesame stature will be released, then its legacy will continue. So far and it’s a fact that nothing has been released to continue the legacy. Maybe the carbon primes??????:p:D.

Agree, the Carbon Primes were/are a good pair esp. if you got them at that 250.00 deal lol.
Construction was good on them (even if the lower half of the orbital was not CF molded) and it captured a little something from the pre-Lux Oakley.

I think it’s our job to continue the tradition. I don’t feel ALL new styles are bad. Flak 2 and Radars are nice. My son has one of each...I make him pay for half and find him a deal, but he’s hooked on Oakley...(he’s only 15, so Income is limited, but I do my best to NOT just give him, what I consider, luxury items.)

The Flak and Radars, along with the Jawbreaker designs are still pretty cool so their sport lineup will still have a following.
The rest of the line up isn't very inspiring. I went to a Vault recently to refill the cleaner fluid and checked out some of the Lifestyle stuff and it was all very meh.

The Flak and Radars, along with the Jawbreaker designs are still pretty cool so their sport lineup will still have a following.
The rest of the line up isn't very inspiring. I went to a Vault recently to refill the cleaner fluid and checked out some of the Lifestyle stuff and it was all very meh.
Some SI stuff is cool. I just got a shocktube and actually find it quite comfortable. I bought it for the lenses, but am having trouble doing that...the stems have some flex to them, but I think that is by design as that is what makes them so wearable.

Back