• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Polishing Vaults And Cases

I will...I got 2 vaults for $8 each that are pretty rough.....I'll start the process Monday......stay tuned.....

I have polished alot of vaults for friends. Even new out of the box, some of the vaults have scratches on them. I use a simple 3 compound step and I can get them to a mirror finish. I also work with some 1/4 aluminum that has been CNC'd and after I get the item cut out, I usually can DA the entire thing, then polish it to an ultra mirror finisih with no flaws at all. Oh and remember that respirator especially around aluminum dust....

I have polished alot of vaults for friends. Even new out of the box, some of the vaults have scratches on them. I use a simple 3 compound step and I can get them to a mirror finish. I also work with some 1/4 aluminum that has been CNC'd and after I get the item cut out, I usually can DA the entire thing, then polish it to an ultra mirror finisih with no flaws at all. Oh and remember that respirator especially around aluminum dust....

you have any photos of your work done to the vaults?

While I totally get the idea of polishing the vaults especially if they are thrashed, I personally like a few scratches here and there..I think it adds character and a battle tested look especially when you pull out gleaming metals of this vault that clearly protected them from some gnarly stuff

Just use some Mother's Alumnium Polish. The pic below is of my case (not a vault). Right side is "before" left side is "after".

2011-09-04174703.jpg

Well my Vaults arrived today......pretty rough! Here is a "before" picture.....Foam is trashed......$8 EACH on eBay.....
photo6-2.jpg

photo5-2.jpg

Latest Posts

Back