• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Precision machined spinning tops...the latest trend!

People love limited and numbered stuff

I've been researching that - there are some mass-produced models but a lot of them are produced by individuals who do small batches or unique customs.

But they typically aren't marked with a serial number or maker's mark; it could potentially throw off the balance or otherwise hurt the aesthetics. Instead they might come with a COA or birth cards containing maker name/brand, date made, specs, and signature.

(thanks to uluahunter for some of that info...)

I've been researching that - there are some mass-produced models but a lot of them are produced by individuals who do small batches or unique customs.

But they typically aren't marked with a serial number or maker's mark; it could potentially throw off the balance or otherwise hurt the aesthetics. Instead they might come with a COA or birth cards containing maker name/brand, date made, specs, and signature.

(thanks to uluahunter for some of that info...)
Yeah that makes since about thowing weight off. But a bad a$$ logo helps sometimes;)

Hmmm, that one's 1.23" diameter, disc made of a tungsten copper alloy (60/40), much heavier and more durable than the more common tellurium copper. Ceramic bearing contact point.
That's the average size of the BilletSPIN tops recently, except for the Navigator which is 1.1 or something like that. I don't think BilletSPIN made very many of those W/Cu Tinkers, that's why they're sought after. They are however other makers that are using tungsten and W/Cu. One small maker is even using Tungsten carbide from the oil drilling machinery he has contacts in the industry with....but due to there being different grades of the material, it's difficult to get a good batch of material to make good spinning tops.

Though its overall design is fairly basic, I've been loving the effect of the Lambda's hollow stem and ruby contact point...

20160319_021607.jpg

20160319_021759.jpg

(effect created using a flashlight at its lowest 0.5 lumen setting)

Latest Posts

Back