• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Price Difference - Why?

I know but the shipping to the UK & then the import duty & VAT. It would end up the same price as the CF model for me. hehehe. Anyway nice catch on those Jupiter's. Adam's a sound guy to deal with too.
yeah im glad i live in america...i would love to live in the UK but damn the whole fee of importing crap..i couldn't live with that!!

yeah got two of my artist series from two awesome forum members! it's christmas all over again haha.

Basically, it's not all that much difference when you crunch the numbers. You have to remember that ALL Australian prices on the AU Oakley website already include taxes (as everything we buy here already includes taxes on top) where as in the U.S you still have to add the tax to the actual sale price. Then you have to consider shipping costs as well.

As an example, a forum member offered to buy a pair of 24K X-Squared from the O website Nd send them over to me (since they are $450 in the U.S and $600 here in Aus... whenever they eventually release them here). So total price would have been about $520 (Item price + taxes + shipping + PayPal fees) I would have only saved like $80. Then you have to worry about shipping time and if the item would be damaged during shipping etc. personally I'd just prefer to wait until they're released here and pay the extra $80. So really they're only making $80 profit a pair on top of their U.S sales. If they were to sell them cheaper, I don't think the profit margin would be even worth sending there over here. You know they definitely wouldn't ship them over here without making some sort of profit so I personally don't think it's unreasonable.

P.S. I used to think it was a rip off! But when you actually sit and think about the logistics, it really does make sense. They are a business after all and it's all about making money! Having said that tho, I buy ALL my O's either from eBay or here in the forums with the exception of a custom pair I ordered from the AU Oakley website, which I sold for a small profit anyway!

Latest Posts

Back