• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prices Are Stupid Crazy.

The price on X-metals will most likely rise, simply because the Plant that produced them has been shut down. The company as a whole has enough stock to last until 2013, but after that they will be hard to come by. I have a lot of friends at Oakley, so I know what I am talking about, just saying.

I have said in all of my listings that I would post them here and if they didn't sell they would go on the bay for inflated prices so that I could cover all the costs and in most cases make a decent sized profit compared to what my offering was here (generally I post here for $100-150 less on watches and $50-80 less on glasses... I have stayed true to my word and sold items on the bay in days after they have sat here for a week or two with no interest...

So tell me I'm asking too much? I feel I can't be because I put them at market price on the bay and they get snatched up quick.

Its no secret that I have bought entire collections so that I can get better pricing on the pieces that I want out of a collection, but when I try to pass deals along on the other items here within the community there has been little interest.
WHY? Because as I stated earlier, because everyone here is looking for a SCORE... Not knocking it, just saying if that's how you plan to collect then you can always expect to miss out because the gems of my collection didn't come cheap and I will always be willing to pay the price it takes on the items I want while others wont...

Im not some spoiled rich kid that's beating you out, I work hard for my money but I'm a veteran collector that knows the game and what it takes to be successful at it...

TarHeel... The market dictates prices and unfortunately Oakley has decided to limit production on multiple items, this creates inflation and product frenzy and that's when the scavengers aka: Profit Resellers hit the scene looking for a quick profit but if you are a good collector you will be there before them so you don't have to pay the mark up. You said "I just think some people especially on ebay are going way overboard on the prices." Well brother you may "THINK" that all you want, but if there are buyers at those prices guess what? That is Now Market Price....

So in conclusion my opinion is simple... He who has wants not, he who has not wants what I have...

So so true. Thanks for being one of my first people to deal with me. It meant a ton!

I have said in all of my listings that I would post them here and if they didn't sell they would go on the bay for inflated prices so that I could cover all the costs and in most cases make a decent sized profit compared to what my offering was here (generally I post here for $100-150 less on watches and $50-80 less on glasses... I have stayed true to my word and sold items on the bay in days after they have sat here for a week or two with no interest...

So tell me I'm asking too much? I feel I can't be because I put them at market price on the bay and they get snatched up quick.

Its no secret that I have bought entire collections so that I can get better pricing on the pieces that I want out of a collection, but when I try to pass deals along on the other items here within the community there has been little interest.
WHY? Because as I stated earlier, because everyone here is looking for a SCORE... Not knocking it, just saying if that's how you plan to collect then you can always expect to miss out because the gems of my collection didn't come cheap and I will always be willing to pay the price it takes on the items I want while others wont...

Im not some spoiled rich kid that's beating you out, I work hard for my money but I'm a veteran collector that knows the game and what it takes to be successful at it...

TarHeel... The market dictates prices and unfortunately Oakley has decided to limit production on multiple items, this creates inflation and product frenzy and that's when the scavengers aka: Profit Resellers hit the scene looking for a quick profit but if you are a good collector you will be there before them so you don't have to pay the mark up. You said "I just think some people especially on ebay are going way overboard on the prices." Well brother you may "THINK" that all you want, but if there are buyers at those prices guess what? That is Now Market Price....

So in conclusion my opinion is simple... He who has wants not, he who has not wants what I have...

Exactly^ Markup is 9% -12% realistically on FEEBAY and that is totally fair because this is often a sellers profit margin. 1099k is a bitc% and almost not worth selling in general. All the leg work and taking on risk with growing fraud (even if covered sucks) The list goes on and these things don't enter the mind of buyers. Send a letter to the big G if you don't like it people or use Craigslist barter which has grown by leaps and bounds...Oh wait that's about to get taxed as well....any trade over 1600$ WTF!

The prices are through the roof now... Got lucky and got a pair of infinite hero's for $180 off their government site...

I THINK IF YOU ARE GETTING ROMEO I'S OR JULIETS OR XXS FOR UNDER $300 NEW THATS A STEAL. IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO SELL A PAIR TO ME FOR $250 NEW WITH BOX SIGN ME UP!!!! PLEASE PM ME.

Nice going, bumping a 3 year old thread... Prices are waaaaaaay up since then so good luck. Oh and your caps lock key seems to be stuck. :headbang:

lol of all the recent zombie thread resurrections, this is probably the most enjoyable. It's quite amusing reading all these whinging, whining, and complaining about crazy prices. Wonder if we'll all look stupid in 2years time because we're complaining about R1s and XS going at 500+?

@Chris, pm sent.

edit: nevermind, i thought you were selling r1's for under $300.

as you were.

Oh and i've got a R1 BNIB for $300. I can't guarantee it's authentic because I got it from a scammer from ebay and it's got substantial weight for you to feel the awesomeness of real metal ;)

Sweet
lets see what X Metal Prices are in three more years.
OP will wish he had bought every NIB pair he could find for $300.00

Man wish there was a thread like this for the PitBoss
Hmmmm Maybe Ill start one

Back