• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Prizm Sapphire Polarized Question

COBanker

Oakley Beginner
I recently purchased a pair of Drop Point sunglasses in Prizm Sapphire Polarized. If you look at the far left or right of either lens, the color temperature completely changes. Beyond temperature, the view at the far left and right is very "green" in color.

My question is... is this normal and somehow part of the design, or did I get a pair with flawed lenses? Unlike my other Oakleys, these almost seem to fatigue my eyes.

Thanks!

How do you like the frames? I love the drop points. I have 4 pairs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the Drop Point frames. They wrap around and provide excellent peripheral support. Almost like goggles.

So far, Zax is the only one indicating they've noticed this. Zax, do you then feel that this is "normal" for the lens? Is it just due to the lens profile or is it somehow a function of the prizm lens?

I guess what I'm looking for is should I be contacting Oakley because something isn't right with the lenses or if it's "normal for them", then I'll not worry about it. If it's a problem, I want to exchange them while I can.

So far, Zax is the only one indicating they've noticed this. Zax, do you then feel that this is "normal" for the lens? Is it just due to the lens profile or is it somehow a function of the prizm lens?

I guess what I'm looking for is should I be contacting Oakley because something isn't right with the lenses or if it's "normal for them", then I'll not worry about it. If it's a problem, I want to exchange them while I can.

It's normal. Mine do as well

Are you referring to the color changing while looking at the lenses or through the lenses?

I recently purchased a pair of Drop Point sunglasses in Prizm Sapphire Polarized. If you look at the far left or right of either lens, the color temperature completely changes. Beyond temperature, the view at the far left and right is very "green" in color.

My question is... is this normal and somehow part of the design, or did I get a pair with flawed lenses? Unlike my other Oakleys, these almost seem to fatigue my eyes.

Thanks!
I have the Prizm Road and that was one of the first thing I noticed - the color is different at the ends of the lens. I was wondering if I got a defective, or even fake, lens. So I looked at some online photos from Oakley and authorized distributors and it appeared that it is normal. They have been fantastic. The Prizm technology is of real value and allows me to see more, and more of what's important.

As far as fatigue goes I wear mine for about an hour a day and never experienced anything different from my standard lenses.

Last edited:
I just noticed a slight color change in mine. I’ve never noticed that before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Posts

Back