• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Proof that Oakley is actually discontinuing Holbrooks?

What is the fit difference between the Holbrook and the sliver?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Holbrook for me has a way better fit. The legs are nice and they curve around the ear. The Slivere are straight and can be uncomfortable with a hat. The sliver is slightly smaller too (they made a sliver XL)

Holbrook for me has a way better fit. The legs are nice and they curve around the ear. The Slivere are straight and can be uncomfortable with a hat. The sliver is slightly smaller too (they made a sliver XL)
For me, it's the opposite. The Sliver fits me better. Sliver is a tad wider than the Holbrook, and for me, the stems aren't tight on the head.

Sent from Q's Note5

Interesting. I find the sliver tighter around the ears because of the the straight stems. But everyone has different heads so I can definitely understand. @QLR1

Interesting subject. My take is that the Holbrook is a timeless design. Phased out? I doubt it....They are too iconic for Oakley at this point. like the Gascan or Frog. I own a few Slivers and I refer to them as "common's. Throw away's. Who care if you drop them or break them just get another 3 pac. Hold a pair of Murasaki Sports Holbrook's in your hand and it is 100% clear that they are special or a SGH matte clear ruby or a Woodgrain Tungsten polarized .

Holbrooks are really the only plastic frame I buy but there are a few others that aren't too shabby. I hate buying anything now unless the designs are unique in style, function or manufacturing. Example: Split Jacket for function, Holbrook Limited or Signature for style and nostalgia. X metals for manufacturing.

My favs are The X metals, Carbon blade, Jupiter Factory lites/ Carbons and so on. Anything with premium materials and manufacturing that leave LUX little to no room to make a profit. Such items demand more security, warranty claims, and more liability. So I buy based on these characteristics.

Dont believe the hype. As Oakley flounders with cheap products for the masses, the market demands items like the Holbrook to keep them coming back. And Oakley is forced to appease their base so if they stop making them I know I will be pissed. lol

Last edited:
Back