• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

PSA: Why You Do NOT Want an 'X-Metal' "Glorifier"

Man I feel for you! But, it would be one thing if it was in perfect shape and the paint/coating was flaking off just from being shipped. It's another thing when it was clearly caused by a lot of trauma throughout that thing. I wonder if you would have liked it had it showed up with no problems? It looked like a nice piece if it wasn't damaged. That's too bad!

<sigh> ... $93 is what I paid. It will cost me ~$13 to ship it back, so I might be able to do a few $s less if anyone seriously wants it, otherwise its being returned for a full refund.
I was playing around
<sigh> ... $93 is what I paid. It will cost me ~$13 to ship it back, so I might be able to do a few $s less if anyone seriously wants it, otherwise its being returned for a full refund.
sorry giving you crap. I understand you don't want to lose money on it. I just noticed it chipped too

if it was in perfect shape and the paint/coating was flaking off just from being shipped. It's another thing when it was clearly caused by a lot of trauma

I don't think it has been beaten that badly - its just a cheap piece of crap. You can see the coating flake inches away from the actual damage.

I was playing around
I know Dingo - no worries O-brother :)

sorry giving you crap. I understand you don't want to lose money on it. I just noticed it chipped too
If someone really wanted it I would work it out - the Seller has agreed to accept it back and that seems like the most logical thing.

Please note I created this thread with a sincere intention: to warn people what these are and how much of an underwhelming disgraceful waste of O-junk they are. :(

I don't think it has been beaten that badly - its just a cheap piece of crap. You can see the coating flake inches away from the actual damage.

I know Dingo - no worries O-brother :)

If someone really wanted it I would work it out - the Seller has agreed to accept it back and that seems like the most logical thing.

Please note I created this thread with a sincere intention: to warn people what these are and how much of an underwhelming disgraceful waste of O-junk they are. :(
I am dis pointed it not metal. But then neither are the newer ones .sorry you had bad luck lately in your dealings.

I'm guessing if the plastic is as cheap as you're saying it is, there was probably a lot of flex in it when it was dropped or whatever it was that happened to it. That flex likely caused that coating to crack and then chip off even in the areas there doesn't appear to be any damage (other than the paint). Either way, I feel for you, but am glad you're getting your money back at least.

Just my 2 cents coming from the retailer, non collector perspective. If these were "better" they would be harder and more expensive to produce which would mean that they would likely only be in tier 1 O Store and not anywhere else. They're designed to be used for a few months than tossed. Just like a poster. The thought of "we know this display will likely end up in the hands of Oakley collectors so we should make sure it stands that time" probably doesn't cross their mind.

As a collector obviously it's a really unique cool display and that sucks that it showed up beat!

Latest Posts

Back