• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question about buying from Oakley Directly

By opening the box and looking I guess :D

Its the Matte Black/ Prizm Jade, I got them 50% off for 70 euros
Right.... but how can the people at Oakley see what they are shipping out?

surely they can't have tons of boxes they have to open to see what model they contain, and then ship them out?
something is rotten in the state of Oakley .......

there is no trace of a label on the box??

Right.... but how can the people at Oakley see what they are shipping out?

surely they can't have tons of boxes they have to open to see what model they contain, and then ship them out?
something is rotten in the state of Oakley .......

there is no trace of a label on the box??

Its easier to just show you what I mean :)

Oakley flak plas crop.jpg

You can clearly see the outline on the box where the label used to be. Unfortunately, the product stickers/labels on newer Oakley models can come off fairly easily if they were applied sloppily at the factory. I buy Oakleys direct by the hundreds/thousands and it's not uncommon for some to arrive with the labels fallen off, applied crookedly and/or barely sticking to the adhesive. Also, not all brand new Oakleys have the stickers on the lenses. They generally should, but again, I believe it's a quality control issue within Oakley.

You can clearly see the outline on the box where the label used to be. Unfortunately, the product stickers/labels on newer Oakley models can come off fairly easily if they were applied sloppily at the factory. I buy Oakleys direct by the hundreds/thousands and it's not uncommon for some to arrive with the labels fallen off, applied crookedly and/or barely sticking to the adhesive. Also, not all brand new Oakleys have the stickers on the lenses. They generally should, but again, I believe it's a quality control issue within Oakley.

While I understand what you are saying, thats not a mark, thats a translucent sticker thats in place of where the actual sticker should be

Of course I can understand a pair here and there missing stickers on the lenses also, but 3 different pairs, one from a different place, seems a bit odd is all

While I understand what you are saying, thats not a mark, thats a translucent sticker thats in place of where the actual sticker should be

Of course I can understand a pair here and there missing stickers on the lenses also, but 3 different pairs, one from a different place, seems a bit odd is all

Yes, many Oakley releases now have that clear sticker (or whatever it's called) on the box and the product sticker goes over that. The product sticker, however, can fall off if not placed/aligned correctly. I purchase hundreds/thousands of brand new Oakleys every single month and you wouldn't believe how sloppy the product labels look sometimes. And no, it's honestly not odd at all for them to be missing the stickers on the lenses. Of course it's possible that you may have received a customer return on occasion, but it's also entirely possible that they were all brand new but just missing the stickers since I've seen it first hand before on entire batches of skus.

Hi,

First time poster

I have a nice collection of newer Oakleys starting to build up. However in the last week something unusual has happened
Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin
Two pairs I bough (Plazma and Flak Beta) both came with no stickers on the lenses, no seal on the box and look as though they might have been used

The plazma frames are also dirty and look like they had something spilled on them

Now these were both purchased at 50% off.

Im just wondering is this normal? Has anyone else on the forum experienced this?
I would just give them a good cleaning and enjoy wearing them while you saved money that you can use on another pair.

Last edited:
Back