• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Question before making a purchase

icyX

Oakley Beginner
New England
Hi all,
I'm not sure this is the proper forum to post this in as it states sunglasses discussion and my question pertains to rx wireframes. If this is an issue my apologies and please moderate it to the proper forum.

So I have had a set of Oakley Rhinochaser rx frames for a few years now. They were the first and only set of glasses I actually enjoy wearing, I absolutely love them. I did get fitted for contacts around the same time I purchased them so I've been able to wear sunnies!!!! Yeah!!! (Back to the story) so today my 1 1/2 yr old son got ahold of my glasses and bent the living (expletive that starts with an F) out of them. In fact when I found him he was using them as a hammer. One temple piece was bent at a complete 90 degree angle perpendicular to the hinge, the bridge is bent, one ear sock removed and torn badly, and both rims distorted badly so that the lenses are loose. All of this in mere minutes. They are a definitely a loss. I'll be ok for a couple days but eventually I'm going to need to take my contacts out of my eyes.

I know that quite a few oakleys pop up on fleabay so I took a peek to see if I could find a pair of rhinochasers. To my surprise quite a few pairs popped up and some of the prices were very very good, almost too good.

I know the sunny's get counterfeited and you should be cautious but is it common for the rx wire frames as well? Why would they be so cheap otherwise? Is it ok to post links to Ebay sellers to be authenticated? My gut tells me to pony up the cash and go through Oakley but..... I thought I would ask the forum.

Thank you in advance
Icy

Latest Posts

Back