• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

R1 nosebridge's screw broken & stuck - Help!

And then there's always the chance of completely destroying the part and it's no good to anyone.

how to put, "can you give consent that I help you without fearing to compensate 500$?".... hahaha

looks like it may have a couple of jagged bits of the screw protruding (particularly @ 1 o' clock in your second picture). maybe you can soak in wd40 and attempt to turn it with a small screwdriver against the protrusion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it was that tight to where the screw-head broke off...... its not coming out that easy

I'm not sure of the exact titanium alloy used for the frames but the thermal expansion of titanium is around half that of stainless steel. If you are looking to have the frame refinished then you could try heating the area with a torch and then rapid cooling a few times to try and break the screw loose. I know you don't have much of the stuck screw sticking out to work with but as a last resort it may be worth a shot.

Will try sth cool tomorrow . Today we are closed for Labor Day. Thanks for the comment everyone

Back