• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ray Bans

Honestly Ray Ban makes nice glasses, good optics and durability. However, they are second best to Oakley's technology. I was at first attracted to the Wayferer just like everyone else until my taste changed that fit with Oakley's style. Plus many Ray Ban designs are retro which only goes so far for me.

In the end though people know name recognition, so they might buy Ray Bans instead of Oakleys. At least in that aspect though some people care enough to buy good protecting sunglasses, could be they don't care but at least they are getting the protection otherwise.

Impact protection, no doubt they'd fail in that department but at least they get the more important UV protection.

My first three pairs of GOOD sunglasses were Killer Loop. At that time, Killer Loop was a Ray-Ban line. I loved those sunglasses...all three pairs were the "Pandemania" style, different color combos. After my last pair got stolen at work, I tried out Oakley, and haven't looked back since.

Back