• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Removing Paint From Arms

Brettc10

I am Jim Jannard...
Oahu, Hawaii
What has anyone used to remove the paint from the arms? I want the Plate arms to be clear. I read a few that had done clear frames on here.
Can anyone let me know what they used that will not damage the plastic?
Thanks

the plate arms are no problem . . . i cleaned a silver pair with acetone-free nail polish remover!

platef.jpg

platecloseup.jpg

Attachments

• platef.jpg
    platef.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 386
  • platecloseup.jpg
    platecloseup.jpg
    51.1 KB · Views: 351
Thanks Nerd
How did you get the arms and plate pieces off? I looked at the arms and was afraid I would break the plastic pin.
Did the paint come of easy?
I have read about the boiling in water??
I want to do the same thing you did strip them clear.

qtrain - that's the right way for you "damaged" plates :big_boss:

Brettc - the paint comes off very easy with the acetone-free nail polish remover. you can try it with warm/hot water too! the plate pieces are glued and i took them off during the process . . . it was not a big problem on my pair. good luck!!
and post some pics :eek:))

qtrain - that's the right way for you "damaged" plates :big_boss:

Brettc - the paint comes off very easy with the acetone-free nail polish remover. you can try it with warm/hot water too! the plate pieces are glued and i took them off during the process . . . it was not a big problem on my pair. good luck!!
and post some pics :eek:))
Hey Nerd stripped them last night. Arms were easy, frame was a bit of a pain. Little elbow grease and it is all off. I used the Acetone-free nail polish remover. it worked very well. Seemed to work better when I let them soak a little. I removed all the plate pieces and arms. No problems.
I will post pictures later. Did you finish yours?
Thanks again for the info.

I was gonna send them to chop but communication is slow at best. I'll see what I can do
Take your time and give it a shot. It is not a quick process. I spend about 2 to 3 hours taking apart and stripping last night.
I am looking forward to the idea I have for them. Hope it looks as good as they do in my mind.
I will keep you all posted.
Good luck

Latest Posts

Back