• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Robotic Storefront now on oakley.com

I agree. The significance of the piece is if you truly like it. I'm not a proponent of buying it as a money making proposition. I'm totally down with the idea of purchasing it if I have the means and offering it up to someone who doesn't live in an area where they have the luxury of buying it themselves. I'll keep one because I like it. I think the idea of getting a cool number adds to the hunt but outside of that it doesn't matter that much to me. As long as I don't end up with a crummy number like 000 I'll be fine.

I agree. The significance of the piece is if you truly like it. I'm not a proponent of buying it as a money making proposition. I'm totally down with the idea of purchasing it if I have the means and offering it up to someone who doesn't live in an area where they have the luxury of buying it themselves. I'll keep one because I like it. I think the idea of getting a cool number adds to the hunt but outside of that it doesn't matter that much to me. As long as I don't end up with a crummy number like 000 I'll be fine.
I totally agree with u @Medusa50 . i dont underestimate the value that such display pieces have to the collector just because i dont like them
Just instead of being a nice thing to catch it becomes a kind of nightmare with multiple posts of sale , trade, buying, acusing, etc
and after January of each year is passing all these Holiday releases again are being sold close to the retail price
So as a community should do, iam against of someone purchasing the whole lot of a store just to make money but he can instead inform others that his store has these pieces with these numbers and resale them to members interested in the same price that they are sold.
iam not making the lawyer of anyone or defending but just cause i saw a member got shouted out for some Robotic stuff ( i dont judge here if he is right or wrong) i did not see anything being told about the unlock and reveal parody and especially watches
i saw a lot of scalping around them and members still getting positive feedbacks and gain respect.And please dont start with the " open free market" thing.
i fell disrespected when someone has just bought a DT at least 50 % off and he sells it 350 usd more than he just bought it some hours ago.
The response to all them is avoidance and they can then place their bargains in their fat a@#$^s
Thank u

Thanks for the thread. I pretty much wrote off getting one since my local vault couldn't get one and I just wasn't good with paying inflated prices. the storefront is a 1999 model year, the same year my 1st son was born, which has been an object of my collection. I happened to be born the year of 75, which carries it's own significance. other than that, alot of b!tching about scalping etc.. people need to get over themselves. don't like the price, don't pay. someone that pays that price and they consider it a deal, good. both parties happy. Not sure many here haven't scored a crazy deal and made a couple bucks to roll back into the O collection. part of the experience and the fun in collecting.

Back