• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Romeo 1

OakleyOneKenobi

I am Jim Jannard...
UK
Hey guys

I am selling this Romeo 1 but before I do, I need a bit of info.

The serial is not on the box in printed or written form but has the pen written serial on the corner of the box like very early R1's. But, with there being a 0 before the 18345 I am a bit confused. I would of thought it would have to be 18345 to have the pen written serial on the sleeve like the Jordan and very early pairs?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Btw, they are in superb condition with no scratches or iridium marks, or spider cracks. Like new. Frame is almost the same.

Cheers

Nuttyman.

IMG_7956.jpg

IMG_7957.jpg

IMG_7958.jpg

IMG_7960.jpg

Last edited:
Sounds like someone wrote it on the box later to make it “matched”.

As far as I know, only the 4 digit serial ones had the serial hand written on the box sleeve. The label would be the one with the horizontal line drawing of the frame.

Sounds like someone wrote it on the box later to make it “matched”.

As far as I know, only the 4 digit serial ones had the serial hand written on the box sleeve. The label would be the one with the horizontal line drawing of the frame.
Don't understand why there is no other serial apart from the pen one? There are no signs of any tampering with the label.

Don't understand why there is no other serial apart from the pen one? There are no signs of any tampering with the label.
I’d need to see the box but it sounds like it’s one the ones that never had the serial on it. Probably from a 4 digit.

They started matching the boxes to the frames after that.

Yes, it seems like a Jordan box but someone put the serial on to match. Wondering what the box maybe worth now as it is in decent condition apart from the obvious...Foam.

Hey guys

I am selling this Romeo 1 but before I do, I need a bit of info.

The serial is not on the box in printed or written form but has the pen written serial on the corner of the box like very early R1's. But, with there being a 0 before the 18345 I am a bit confused. I would of thought it would have to be 18345 to have the pen written serial on the sleeve like the Jordan and very early pairs?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Btw, they are in superb condition with no scratches or iridium marks, or spider cracks. Like new. Frame is almost the same.

Cheers

Nuttyman.

View attachment 559828

View attachment 559829

View attachment 559830

View attachment 559832

That “0”is a strange one. As far as i know all hand written serial matched with the glasses starts with a number other than “0”

Jordans which have thesame box “0000” serial does.

I am guessing that’s a second gen and one has an extra old school box and just wrote the serial, only my assumption though.