• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Ruby iridium or Fire Iridium?

That's why they have been dubbed fruby. Because the Ruby lenses of today are more like fire, as opposed to the darker reddish/purple Ruby of the past.

Fire lens base is more green than brown, but you will still easily be able to tell fire and ruby apart by the base tint.

Ruby will be a distinct blue looking from inside to out. As said some of the ruby's today don't have much ruby in them. Here's one of my 2nd gen ruby penny on the right. My profile pic is the same pair so lighting can really make the difference on them. My XS are much newer but have a real deep purple ruby to them.

xsr.jpg

Hey all. Thanks again for your responses. Turns out they are in fact ruby lens . They look exactly like fire lens which i already have a set of. Really kinda disappointed with the way they came out. Live and learn i guess. Probably end up trying to trade or sell them as they did not come out as i had hoped. Again thanks for everyones help, really learning new things every day on here ( I learned what frubys are the hard way)

Latest Posts

Back