• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Servicing X-Metals-Oakleys in Hawai’i

I suppose this is more an invitation to all in Hawaii, but especially Oahu. That if you can stop by my place, I will do my best to help you with anything Oakley. And my garage thread is a chronicle of my limited knowledge. I am willing to help for free. as long as you're not trying to take up hours of my time. And remember, I am the non-expert. If you're worried about just anyone servicing your collectable piece, then perhaps better you send it to the experts. Zach and X-man do unreal work. There's a few others also, that are way better than me.

I only mentioned X-metals because that's mostly what I've been working on the last couple of years. I've taken apart, and put back together, about a hundred X-metal pairs with bridge pins. And I haven't damaged anything, yet. Polished some, and anodized some. If you want to see my anodizing set, come on over. If you wanted to see how I wet send and hyper polish titanium. Come on over. I'll help you as best as I can. That's all I'm saying. :cool-33:🤙
I’ll come visit you one of these days since my daughter goes to UH Manoa 🤙🏽🤙🏽

I would be stoked to have anyone drop by just to say hi. I'm so not the type to go out to fancy restaurants, night clubs, or a country clubs. But I'd be up for popping open a beer or two, and having an O-chat in my garage. Maybe take a picture. Lol. Meeting other OF members is actually one of the reasons I'm offering to help others in Hawaii. I know there's a bunch of members here on Oahu, and the other islands. I've only met @iamFLIP and @Brettc10. Two really cool guys. But I'm open to meeting others. But I'll give you guys a warning now, that I am just a regular guy. Wife, two kids, and three Honda cars. The best, and only thing about me, is my Oakleys. Lol.
What, you don’t drive a Toyota Tacoma?

Would love for anyone to stop by for a visit. Just PM me beforehand and I can shoot you some directions. I may or may not be doing my thing in my garage. But that doesn't mean I can't come out for some photos and some chit-chat.
Yes sure and let me know if you need anything from Japan

Aloha everyone. Just wondering what you guys would think about me helping others to fix up their X-metals here on Oahu. The more I take apart my own X-metals, the more comfortable I am at doing it. I’ll probably never reach the level of Zach or the X-man, because I don’t offer a customizing service. But I could be the alternative to having to mail your glasses out and not having them for over a week at least. I could even offer same day service, and perhaps while you wait. And watch. Remember, I do this in my garage. Lol.

Refinishing is a whole matter altogether and that is NOT something I want to do. Basic tune ups or servicing. You buy the parts and I would be happy to help you for a lunch, or pickled mango. Lol.

Thoughts?
I think you are just the guy Oakley collectors need in Hawaii bud! I will recommend you out when I see opportunity! I would sure use you if I was living there.

I would be stoked to have anyone drop by just to say hi. I'm so not the type to go out to fancy restaurants, night clubs, or a country clubs. But I'd be up for popping open a beer or two, and having an O-chat in my garage. Maybe take a picture. Lol. Meeting other OF members is actually one of the reasons I'm offering to help others in Hawaii. I know there's a bunch of members here on Oahu, and the other islands. I've only met @iamFLIP and @Brettc10. Two really cool guys. But I'm open to meeting others. But I'll give you guys a warning now, that I am just a regular guy. Wife, two kids, and three Honda cars. The best, and only thing about me, is my Oakleys. Lol.
The Hondas is where I have to draw the line buddy...

Latest Posts

Back