• Take 30 seconds to register your free account to access deals, post topics, and view exclusive content!

Register Today

Join the largest Oakley Forum on the web!

Shooting Lenses?

theslipperyseal

Oakley Beginner
So I'm an avid shooter with little time lol, trying to get into idpa and graduate to 3 gun as I have all the equipment just not the time yet.....
Anyways- I'm wondering if anyone else shoots IDPA or even target shoots and what lenses you run on your Oakley's while you do?

I've participated in a few local large caliber and 3 gun shoots....
I prefer SOLFX Transition lenses for all around use.... But I also like +Red for days with moderate light and Persimmon or HI Yellow for lower light days.

Infrared Radarlock/ SOLFX Transition lens
20130328_151544.jpg

Most of the colors I see on 3-gun shooters seem to be VR50, VR28, G30 Iridium depending on lighting conditions. Oakley is releasing their "prism" lenses that are geared to the shooting community.
Oakley Prizm Lenses | Oakley Forum

I typically use polarized positive red, polarized black or the grey that comes with the SI ballistic 2.0. This has just been for general range time and shooting classes, no competitions.

I've participated in a few local large caliber and 3 gun shoots....
I prefer SOLFX Transition lenses for all around use.... But I also like +Red for days with moderate light and Persimmon or HI Yellow for lower light days.

Infrared Radarlock/ SOLFX Transition lens
20130328_151544.jpg
Note you run an xd- big springer fan, so nice to see that! I run xdm and xds and have an m1a

Back